Porting my trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Russian Proverb- " It is hard to get reaction out of man who wear overalls and resemble monkey.... [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]-" Abraham Lincoln

hsell 'post: 5350612 said:
I'm having difficult to find box for FS130 for ship to Mastermind.

FedEx say no Shifty Shaft Shippers Allowed.....
Hmm fed ex Is delivering my new tanaka trimmer.and the shaft on it is 11-14" longer than a stihl shaft.:wtf:

The -pfl will be in 2 boxes, 1 is pho the other is b/c.

I'm going to try to put this thing back togeather this weekend. Open up the exhaust port some and call it? I've thought about putting chamfer onto the inlet of the lower transfer feed ducts. They are also cut in 2 by the case gasket, I'd think cutting that chanel out what open up volume some and reduce the amount of walls slowing down the air.

Thoughts?

Well the deal on my new pfl fell through yesterday.finance company was just leasing me the weedeater for 4 years.:wtf: Went through 4 days back and forth on the phone and didnt know it was a small business lease until I got the form to sign.:dumb2: Pay back was almost $1100 on a $514 loan.:laughing:

Have you tried Ge finance or Scheffield?

Does anyone have thoughts on weather or not the feeds to the lower transfers need to be divided with the case gasket? It looks to me like it's there out of convince

Have you tried Ge finance or Scheffield?

Does anyone have thoughts on weather or not the feeds to the lower transfers need to be divided with the case gasket? It looks to me like it's there out of convince
Going to do yard card i hope.shot them an email asking if they would price match with landscaper pro.

I would say you would be ok without the divider

I don't see how removing it would increase the flow any.

If the chanel is 1/4" wide and the gasket is .025" I gain 10% volume, and it's in one runner with fewer walls to rub against and slow things down.

I removed the divider gasket, it was thin, something like .015 Iirc, I doubt that'll do much but anything helps!

Bump back to the top.
Good news althoughmthe pfl models are disappearing faster than i can find one i decided to go with the reagular 260 pf and just buy the extra long shaft assembly.amazon had the tbc-260pf for $325 BUT after looking at parts diagrams and comparing the models that the extended shaft fit.(shaft is originally from an extended reach pole saw) the tb-280pf also uses the 24mm shaft from the tbc-260pf.
Soooo i checked the price and availability of the tb-280 on amazon.price was $299 for the larger model.price for the extended shaft tube,shaft and shipping was $86.
Too bad the outer diameter is smaller than my tbc340 pf or i would have just fit the extended shaft to it.still may be possible with a rubber or plastic spacer.this will give me a chance to tear into my 340 for a little modification and re-ring.
Glad i found your thread fly by night i'm hoping this will help with my back issues.right now i'm in so much pain its all i can do to get in the house of a night.by the time i hit the sack i get the feeling the emergency room would be a better place to spend the night.of course when i mow my yards the shock from my velke on the scag is causing the vertebrae to pinch my sciatic nerve.i'm hoping that i have solved most of that problem by cutting one of those foam knee pads for gardening to put in the foot wells to take care of the shock.now if i could just raise my scag handlebars about 10".:laugh:
Later guys got to get ready to go see the pretty nurses at the doctor.lucky me is getting ready for another round of shots in the arse and more crazy pills.;)

I love the 280, they have **** loads of power, if I knew I could have put a pfl shaft on one I would have done it in a heart beat.

For the price of the shaft parts it would still be well worth it.the prices are actually all over the place so I settled for a company I hadnt delt with before.thru amazon delivery could have been as late as mid july.

Latest posts

Back