porting tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superman_36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last edited:
The heavy duty Foredoms are about $400.

wedding1043.jpg

Porting ??

Think this could be a good thread to ask were i can get some info about porting, something to read, is there any books i can buy ??
so i can learn to port my own saws, nothing fancy just so i get some extra out of the saws ,, so if anyone of you guys can help me please feel free to do so :)

/Kristoffer

SWE#Kipp, I certainly can't offer any advice, but you can get a general idea of what is involved, but you'll need to read through a lot of threads, and then try to piece the information together. Al Smith outlined some very general mods in the Simonizer thread. There's also a thread in which Timbermaster (I think) gave a very detailed description of how he "cleaned up" the inside of a Poulan saw, no porting, just a lot polishing, with good results.

The builders & others here at AS have given some info, in bits & pieces, it's a matter of finding it & putting it to use. I've got a couple of Jred 670 parts saws that just might be wind up receiving a little experimenting. I'm going to get Eric 271 to help me, he just doesn't know it yet ;).

the one that i can get for 90.00 retails for 270.00 i can get 2 more and that is it if you don't do it for a living it will hold up just fine in my opinion
Thanks
erik

superman_36 said:
the one that i can get for 90.00 retails for 270.00 i can get 2 more and that is it if you don't do it for a living it will hold up just fine in my opinion
Thanks
erik

They're rated by hp and rpm's. The more hp, the more they cost, but do get a couple extra flex cables.

Latest posts

Back