Porting Tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Huskybill ? go along way when asking questions. You make rambling statements that often make you appear to be a bitter know it all.

I’m not a know it all sorry if I come off that way. I just like to pass on knowledge what I experienced. I don’t know everything. I’m 67yo now.

Use a small pencil style handpiece and a ball stone or ball diamond burr to chamfer the port edges. I have a 3/8” diameter 320 grit diamond I like to use.

I’ve seen people be successful with widening and raising transfer ports with the side of a cutoff wheel in a straight handpiece. It take a lot of time and patients but it can be done. Still a 90 deg handpiece allows for a lot more freedom on port shape and direction.[/QUOTE

A ball shaped burring tool can be used but go slow when chamfering. Hold it tight. Clamp the cylinder down. I’m new to the little cylinders but the basics are the same. In piston ported engines we cut 1/8” off the bottom of the piston. (2100) (125cc older 2t bikes no reeds)

A ball shaped burring tool can be used but go slow when chamfering. Hold it tight. Clamp the cylinder down. I’m new to the little cylinders but the basics are the same. In piston ported engines we cut 1/8” off the bottom of the piston. (2100) (125cc older 2t bikes no reeds)

3/8 diamond takes about a minute to do all the ports. No need to clamp the cylinder, you’re using light pressure. Just need a semi steady hand. I’ve probably done 75+ cylinders with the one diamond burr and it show no signs of wear.

Who’s the circus clown? There’s more than one person who can port. But my drag race engine was tested on a full body car dyne. Using stock Chevy B.B. parts I had 400+ hp under the hood and 299hp at the rear wheels. Stock the engine was 325hp. I used the 375hp valve train plus porting. Anyone can port.

I started porting with a 1,000 rpm old black n decker drill on car engines. Here’s a nice porting tool. https://www.sciplus.com/variable-sp...MImLSwgq2k3AIVwSSBCh0lEQmlEAQYBiABEgICOvD_BwE

Here’s another one, https://www.sciplus.com/s/?q=Dremel

Ok it’s pick on me day today. You can do anything in life you put your mind to. Just apply yourself.

Hey mygalomorph I hope your not morphing into the south end of a north bound donkey? I don’t see anything funny.

I hope I didn’t offend anyone else in my posts is so I’m sorry.

Latest posts

Back