POS champion spark plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 262631View attachment 262632I was running my 385 and the the center of the spark plug came loose. Part of the ceramic cone broke off and scored my cylinder. Iam not a happy camper.
Sorry to hear your plight..!!

Champion plugs used to be the premiere plug back in the '60-'70's---no longer..Advance Auto won't sell them.

Now NGK is the premiere plug as their quality is great...all I run in my Harley's...but run Bosch in my Stihls.

Autolite makes good plugs as well.

I don't know what happened with Champion with their quality problem...maybe someone can give more info...
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:

Champion plugs used to be the premiere plug back in the '60-'70's---no longer..Advance Auto won't sell them.

Now NGK is the premiere plug as their quality is great...all I run in my Harley's...but run Bosch in my Stihls.

I don't know what happened with Champion with their quality problem...maybe someone can give more info...
J2F

Yup never had a problem with NGK.

Champions are total garbage. Seen many fail, break, or just not work. I wouldn't use a Champion plug in any motor let alone a chainsaw where its pushing 14k RPMS. NGK for the win.

As a stock market trader..I will add this just for what it's worth to readers...

Some time back..Budweiser was the "King of Beers" and ruled the market.

But the older folks in the family died off and left their shares to their children...so more folks involved.

Then to more children...and they wanted more profits and started using less quality ingredients and quality fell.
(they were even using seaweed as part of the mix..for more profit...but "shelf-life" was bad..and Bud buyers stopped buying)

The Busch family just decided to sell the company...(infighting) and they did..now InBev a Belgium/Brazilian company owns Bud
(52 Billion for the company....the heirs should be tarred and feathered and hung for their greed..IMHO..!!)
J2F

Last edited:

J2F

Production went to mexico.... I think it was about 10 years ago, maybe more maybe less.

Champion plugs have been junk for a long time.I feel for you abot your saw.I would try contacting the company about your problem. If they are a decent company maybe they will help you out to fix it.

I was going to say that I wouldn't use a Champion sparkplug in my lawnmower as a joke but I really wouldn't!

Champion plugs have been junk for a long time.I feel for you abot your saw.I would try contacting the company about your problem. If they are a decent company maybe they will help you out to fix it.

"Maybe they will help you out to fix it"

Only in your dreams..!!
J2F

My 385 still runs. But its life has been reduced. When I took the muffler off the ceramic pices looked like sand. The upper ring and top of the piston has scores. The piston and upper ring must of exploded the ceramic into bits going out the exhuast port. Them bits must got in between the piston and cylinder wall and scored the cylinder and the top of the piston. But still that damage was none of my own.

Last edited:
"Maybe they will help you out to fix it"

Only in your dreams..!!
J2F
A company should stand behind there product.I know a lot of people dont take resposobility for there actions anymore.But right is right and wrong is still wrong.I refuse to do business with companys that dont do the right thing.

Champions are total garbage. Seen many fail, break, or just not work. I wouldn't use a Champion plug in any motor let alone a chainsaw where its pushing 14k RPMS. NGK for the win.

I was going to say that I wouldn't use a Champion sparkplug in my lawnmower as a joke but I really wouldn't!

+1, Champion plugs are total junk

Nah , I install them in Dodges all the time .....

A company should stand behind there product.I know a lot of people dont take resposobility for there actions anymore.But right is right and wrong is still wrong.I refuse to do business with companys that dont do the right thing.
I totally agree..that's the way it should be...but it isn't anymore...it's about profit not quality.

Walmart sells Champions (exclusively..??)..cause they can buy them low and sell them high.

And as long as Walmart is selling them...there will be a lot of champion plugs going into engines..!!

I expect that 50 % of plug buyers have never even heard of NGK..??
J2F

Last edited:

Iam sure that it is not going to happen like Just2Fat said. I can fight with them for? So I will except the the loss and move on. Happy, no I know I will not win against a corporate. They wont stand behind simpleton like me, a large corporation yes.

Back