Possible group buy, ChiCom Blue 660 clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted Huztl about this. I wanted to make sure that they would allow a "non distributor" to purchase at the wholesale price. Their minimum purchase for wholesale pricing is $2000, and that ships by air - which they charge at $7 per kg, so $77 per saw.
Ohh, I see. When I type in that purchase, they tell me 390 for shipping.. I purchase more than 2000/ month, so I am viewed as a "distributor". That is probably why I have never dealt with it. Thanks for checking on that.

Sooooo...did this group buy ever happen or not? Don't leave me hanging here, this is like getting to the end of a Robert Ludlum novel only to discover that some sadist has ripped out the final 2 pages...

IIRC, the group buy was abandoned as the shipping to individual member would erase most of the price advantage.

When they go on sale, with free shipping, the price is reasonable and no one has to been in charge of distribution or concerned about covering someone else's warranty.
That's exactly how I remember it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

IIRC, the group buy was abandoned as the shipping to individual member would erase most of the price advantage.

When they go on sale, with free shipping, the price is reasonable and no one has to been in charge of distribution or concerned about covering someone else's warranty.
Is this different than the Farmer Tech on Amazon? Shipping is $4 there - and fast for China.

I contacted Huztl about this. I wanted to make sure that they would allow a "non distributor" to purchase at the wholesale price. Their minimum purchase for wholesale pricing is $2000, and that ships by air - which they charge at $7 per kg, so $77 per saw.
Ok, so, 77 roughly for shipping.---(however,) let's say everyone gets their saw. At the end of the transaction is this saw, (based on experience of others that have used it) a viable, dependable clone 660?-- Or for someone like me still a dream? Because after the fact, each user is going to buy the necessary upgrade oem parts (cylinder, correct carb, non-twisting handle, mufflrOptions ...etc) that are needed to get it out of the , cheapness grave. And I say cheapness because, so far from what I've read people feel there is a hit and miss element that can only be overcome if you take the G660 apart to bring it to viable spec. --- Any comments?

Ok, so, 77 roughly for shipping.---(however,) let's say everyone gets their saw. At the end of the transaction is this saw, (based on experience of others that have used it) a viable, dependable clone 660?-- Or for someone like me still a dream? Because after the fact, each user is going to buy the necessary upgrade oem parts (cylinder, correct carb, non-twisting handle, mufflrOptions ...etc) that are needed to get it out of the , cheapness grave. And I say cheapness because, so far from what I've read people feel there is a hit and miss element that can only be overcome if you take the G660 apart to bring it to viable spec. --- Any comments?
Sounds like you have been copying my homework...pretty much everything you said is what I have run across while trying to research whether or not this is a worthwhile gamble.

Some Youtubers seem to have gotten fully functional ones that didn't need anything other than good gas and oil to run for a year with no issues, others have had problems with all you mentioned and more.

Only things I would add is that replacing the circlips with OEM seems to be very cheap insurance, the decomp needs to be replaced and the aftermarket fuel/oil lines and carb boots also may have longevity issues.

Since I picked up a running pawnshop 066 which probably has an air leak and may need a fair amount of love before I can reasonably expect to try milling with it I'm probably going to just freeze my idea of gambling on a G660 for now and instead use that $$$ to get the pawnstar purring.

I bought a 660 and a 372xp...the 660 came from a dealer, 338 shipped and the 372xp was 198 shipped from China...both arrived in great condition and fired right up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I bought a 660 and a 372xp...the 660 came from a dealer, 338 shipped and the 372xp was 198 shipped from China...both arrived in great condition and fired right up.

TY for the 1st hand reports and please keep us updated as you run 'em, whether good or bad news. That G660 sounds pretty mean!

Sounds like you have been copying my homework...pretty much everything you said is what I have run across while trying to research whether or not this is a worthwhile gamble.

Some Youtubers seem to have gotten fully functional ones that didn't need anything other than good gas and oil to run for a year with no issues, others have had problems with all you mentioned and more.

Only things I would add is that replacing the circlips with OEM seems to be very cheap insurance, the decomp needs to be replaced and the aftermarket fuel/oil lines and carb boots also may have longevity issues.

Since I picked up a running pawnshop 066 which probably has an air leak and may need a fair amount of love before I can reasonably expect to try milling with it I'm probably going to just freeze my idea of gambling on a G660 for now and instead use that $$$ to get the pawnstar purring.
Great. Thanks for the response! Seems my, "go forward" actions have to be kept in freeze mode too, as I can't rationalize/ justify based on all the other's
purchases of a mystery saw. Hhhmmm, if any sorts of wisdom come through on your end by hearing other's stories, I'd be all ears.

Great. Thanks for the response! Seems my, "go forward" actions have to be kept in freeze mode too, as I can't rationalize/ justify based on all the other's
purchases of a mystery saw. Hhhmmm, if any sorts of wisdom come through on your end by hearing other's stories, I'd be all ears.
Will do-have a friend who has been talking about buying a clone so hoping for him to be my personal lab rat. Will update if he does, whether good or bad news-

Interesting fairly recent YT video-G660 vs MS 660 comparison though it would have been better had he switched b/c to make comparison -

I might be interested. Where could they be picked up in central Pa, I am out near Valley Forge?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
I'm out near ValForge as well. Give me a call: (sxTen),NitreeWontooWon
SxAte

I'm out near ValForge as well. Give me a call: (sxTen),NitreeWontooWon
SxAte
Well, I blame YOU for this [as in, "This is ANOTHER fine mess you've gotten us into, Ollie!"]...I opened my DirectExpress statement, the debit card on which my SS check arrives, and I had more $$$ than I had expected to find left over.

Somehow, a FarmerTec page popped up on my computer and before I knew it, I had not one but TWO G660 clones in the cart [shipping on the 2nd one was only like $20 extra].

An unseen evil presence clicked the "Pay with PayPal" button against my wishes and now I'M gonna be my own lab rat instead of my buddy after all!

I figure I can sell him the 2nd one at a good price since the shipping was so low.

It's still all your fault, though. Shouldn't have posted your #, now I can spam-call you at all hours to get even...[-:

Unmm,(?)... You lost me. I actually really did want you to call me. I thought we could talk about your insights,(what you've learned about the viability of the 660) I am in the market for a backup saw. And if I can get a beast at 90cc for, like,...$230???
( -are you really mad at me for some reason? )

Unmm,(?)... You lost me. I actually really did want you to call me. I thought we could talk about your insights,(what you've learned about the viability of the 660) I am in the market for a backup saw. And if I can get a beast at 90cc for, like,...$230???
His post was dripping with sarcasm

Hoagi, Hoagi, Hoagi...not mad at you at all, you merely missed my apparently misguided attempt at humor here-
As far as the phone # posting, I thought you were responding to a post by "pajeepman" in a post dated 11/19.
Figured that conversation somehow leapt into this thread from another one and that I had just missed most of it.
Looked to me as if you guys were both in the same geographical area and were trying to arrange a meeting.

Regarding the G660, with shipping the price I paid was right at $280- apiece by buying two. I noticed they [FarmerTec] also offer a four saw combo where you get to pick 4 different ones or even all 4 the same and that seems to drop the price down under $250 each delivered if you pick 4 G660's, less if you choose other, smaller saws.

Since I only know one local guy who is interested in a G660 I decided against going that route even though I'm positive I would have had no trouble selling 2 more in-the-box saws for $275-300 each and dropping the cost of mine down to under $200. Just didn't want to tie up an additional ~$400 for the expected 30-50 days shipping may take. The way the world is going, who knows if something ordered from China today will EVER arrive?

What I actually KNOW about these things is still all 2nd and 3rd hand info, and my hands-on saw repair/modification experience is painfully small. I've kept my Dad's 034AV from the '80's running for 25+ years with nothing more than basic maintenance, poking a couple of holes in the muffler and fuel and oil line changes. Probably cut a couple hundred cords with it and it has kept me warm since about '92. Have managed a few easy repairs on a couple old Homelites thanks to collective wisdom on this site, and managed to make an old 041 fire up also.

Even with that slim resume I still contracted a case of CAD here and probably have a bit north of $2k invested in several old beasts and a collection of bars, chains and spare parts. One of these days I'll go through all of 'em and post the ones I know I'm never gonna run for sale on here. I'd take a stab at listing them from memory but I KNOW how that would end...people would be pointing out that there just ain't so such model Homie/Echo/Mac/Stihl/Poulan/Husky etc.

Back