Possibly dumb question on Homelite/Jonsered bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to edit my post, but you were too quick for me. The bar does seem snugger on the j-red, but there is a spacer on the homelite that takes up a lot of the slack.

There are some interesting options coming to light in this thread.

Some of this interchangability between Homelite and Jonsered will only work with certain brands of bars, but not all of them. For instance, I went and tried some bars from my XL12's on my 621. The Homelite branded bar fit OK, but the nice GB bar that I was hoping would fit would not go over the studs on the 621. So, what may hold true for Oregon, might not be the case with Windsor, etc.

I've also noticed over the last couple of years that whenever I get a new catelog from the different bar suppliers, the number of options for the old Jonsered mount is getting smaller. The Windsor speed tips are down to just the 20 and 24, but you can still get a 16 or 18 in a laminated bar. Stens has discontinued all of their GB old Jonsered mounts. Even the Total catelog from Tilton has fewer choices. There is a 70driver 20", and 24, 28, and 34 in the Total Super Bar, with no laminated options. This isn't really a big deal, because I'm sure that most makers will continue to offer at least a 20" for a long time yet. But the choices will be fewer.

I've also noticed over the last couple of years that whenever I get a new catelog from the different bar suppliers, the number of options for the old Jonsered mount is getting smaller. The Windsor speed tips are down to just the 20 and 24, but you can still get a 16 or 18 in a laminated bar. Stens has discontinued all of their GB old Jonsered mounts. Even the Total catelog from Tilton has fewer choices. There is a 70driver 20", and 24, 28, and 34 in the Total Super Bar, with no laminated options. This isn't really a big deal, because I'm sure that most makers will continue to offer at least a 20" for a long time yet. But the choices will be fewer.

The bright side is that "Large Husky" bars can be used, after widening the slot a tad (some times they fit as is).

Latest posts

Back