post a pic of your wood stove/chimney in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
046 said:
alright A**hole... I'll answer your questions. how about answering mine? have you ever seen a JUCA? How do you know it takes 10 cords to run?

According to information I've read from EPA publications. JUCA are exempt. It burns cleaner than EPA rated stoves regardless of exemptions. that's why it's able to burn green wood cleanly. the entire unit is designed to accelerate burning. when you close the door, you see flames immediately get hotter.

so what you post pictures your insert burning hot. never stated it couldn't. here's a pic of mine burning hot... what does that prove? nothing...... what counts is the chimney's output in smoke when burning hot.

hince the entire point of this thread! which you have taken off topic.
if it bothers you that much start your own thread!

what a MORON you are! Here's a link just in case you don't understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron

juca green.JPG

"EPA exempted central wood furnaces, which nearly all JUCAs qualify as. Secondly, the JUCA non-airtight operation creates a higher than 30:1 ratio of oxygen to wood and thereby is exempt as being non-airtight.

"The EPA made it abundantly clear that their strict rules were ONLY meant to apply to air-tight products, which happen to be MOST of the woodstoves on the market. In the Federal Register, of February, 1988, EPA 40 CFR Part 60, states:

The intent of the committee was to exempt from the standards those appliances which rely on clean-burning air-rich conditions and which have high combustion efficiencies.

This statement exempted traditional masonry fireplaces and the very few non-airtight woodstoves (like JUCAs) that were and are on the market."

http://mb-soft.com/juca/print/epa.html

What make/brand stove is your stove?

woodtick, it's a JUCA custom build to fit my extra large fireplace insert.
odds are they will not sell you one. It took 3+ years of chasing em, before they would take a deposit.

here's a shot of rear showing size of unit. construction is 1/4in plate steel. weights aprox. 700lbs. entire unit is hollow, filled with air chambers.

this thread was started to show folks that wood burning stoves can and do burn cleanly. not to post details about my insert.

fireplace insert 4.JPG

Any stove with the right conditions can produce secondary combustion. You need the right temperature and the right amount oxygen. My woodfurnace is 20 years old. You can't choke a fire. Mine occurs under my baffle at the back of the firebox. Also don't wanna burst your bubble but with green wood, you will never get secondary combustion.

046 said:
b1rdman, that stove looks totally cooOOlll!!!!!

One thing it's not is cool...throws so much heat that we only use it during the holidays (for cooking) or when it's in "the teens" or below. It gets used pretty heavily in January and February.

Even then we have to set up a few fans for circulation and open up an attic window if it burns for more than 24 hours strait.

I'd show my primary stove but nobody would believe that heated 3500+ square feet. When I read what you all spend on stoves I can't believe it my self.

no bubble busting necessary.... :D
no intension of burning green wood with secondary combustion installed.

only question is will secondary combustion help juca's performance. since it's already getting high 90's percentage burn anyways...

laynes69 said:
Any stove with the right conditions can produce secondary combustion. You need the right temperature and the right amount oxygen. My woodfurnace is 20 years old. You can't choke a fire. Mine occurs under my baffle at the back of the firebox. Also don't wanna burst your bubble but with green wood, you will never get secondary combustion.

main reason for wanting to try secondary combustion is posts about 150,000 btu output with only a 3 cubic feet firebox, that burns all night.

my firebox is 4x larger at 12 cubic ft. assuming 3 cubic ft is correct size and can put out 150,000 btu with a 8+ hour burn time. that means that particular insert is 2-3x more efficient than mine.

if that kind of efficiency is true, than I need to be looking at that particular technologies.

046 said:
my firebox is 4x larger at 12 cubic ft. assuming 3 cubic ft is correct size and can put out 150,000 btu with a 8+ hour burn time. that means that particular insert is 2-3x more efficient than mine.

How can they be more 3-4 times more efficient than 90%?

046 said:
bubble busting necessary.... :D

only question is will secondary combustion help juca's performance....

How can it be improved when its allready so advanced?

046 said:
since it's already getting high 90's percentage burn anyways...

AAAAHAHAHaaa!!!!

WTF kind of smoke are you breathing?

90% LOFINL!! Did you bump your friggin head?:dizzy:

Unless you mean that it only burns 90% of the wood you put in it, thats ridculous!

If you start toying with that stove your going to burn your house down. I predict this will happen once you get it up to around 140-145% efficency.:D

Go ahead, say ten cords again, I dare you, LOL.

ah.. back again with more total BS!

the 3 cubic feet firebox allowing all night burn times came from you.
looks I mistakenly took that to be true.

if that is correct that mean your insert burns 1/3 or less wood than mine. for same over night burn time and delivering same btu.

again... only claim I ever stated is JUCA burns clean.
never claimed JUCA could not be improved. that's why I'm willing to try installing secondary combustion.

and you still have not answered my question:

Have you ever seen a JUCA?
how do you know juca take 10 cords per season?

why don't you answer the questions?
since you seem to know everything about my insert.

MORON!

RaisedByWolves said:
How can they be more 3-4 times more efficient than 90%?

How can it be improved when its allready so advanced?

AAAAHAHAHaaa!!!!

WTF kind of smoke are you breathing?

90% LOFINL!! Did you bump your friggin head?:dizzy:

Unless you mean that it only burns 90% of the wood you put in it, thats ridculous!

If you start toying with that stove your going to burn your house down. I predict this will happen once you get it up to around 140-145% efficency.:D

Go ahead, say ten cords again, I dare you, LOL.

046 said:

Show me where I said that.

namecaller said:
again... only claim I ever stated is JUCA burns clean.

Not you didnt!

You said that JUCACA burns GREEN wood clean, thats crap no matter which shoe its on.

Then you said its EPA certified.

Then you said it didnt need a cert.

Btw, those black tips in your flames are a sign of incomplete combustion. 90% incomplete?

And do me a favor, quote Little Pixie fore me, Ive got him on ignore and I cant read his posts.

Last edited:
here it is... unlike you, I don't make this stuff up.

RaisedByWolves said:
Show me where I said that.

RaisedByWolves said:
Why do you feel that C/F is important (Is it because its what the juca site says?) when the rest of the world uses BTU to measuer a stoves worth?

My stove has a 3CF fire box and produces 130,000 BTU.

If that stove was built to the same standards it would have a 390,000 btu capicity.:jawdrop:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=516960&postcount=18

Im wondering if this isine where this thread went wrong?

046 said:
Very DANGEROUS situation!

if smoke is coming out front of wood stove. carbon monoxide is also coming out. which can KILL you and others in enclosed area.

always run a carbon monoxide detector close by wood stove.

046,You seem to be an idiot....

You said.....

046 said:

MORON!

Then I said.....
RBW said:
Show me where I said that

Then you said I said......

RBW said:
Why do you feel that C/F is important (Is it because its what the juca site says?) when the rest of the world uses BTU to measuer a stoves worth?

My stove has a 3CF fire box and produces 130,000 BTU.

If that stove was built to the same standards it would have a 390,000 btu capicity

WTF does that have to do with all night burns?

Last edited:
YOU are the idiot and a MORON for keeping this up. No one asked for your input in this thread. go start you own thread.

you are the one that posted the 3 CF firebox/130,000 btu claim and making sh*t up as you go.

why don't you answer my question? I've answer every question you have posted.

have you ever seen a JUCA?

how do you know it uses 10 cords?

MORON!

RaisedByWolves said:
You seem to be an idiot....

You said.....

Then I said.....

Then you said I said......

WTF does that have to do with all night burns?

Latest posts

Back