Post pics of how you organize/carry tools/files/oil for cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IntegrityCarpentry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Getting tired of the multi tiered ammo box and opening and closing to get to files or guides. And sometimes leaving the tray out because of being in a hurry. I used to just carry my oil and a few tools in the bucket with the 1 gallon can of fuel on top going out to cut. Storing an extra chain in original box is good for one chain.

Everyone has different systems so I am looking forward to seeing what others do.

Attachments

• B1AE9C2D-F1AC-45B6-8216-4930879A724F.jpeg
    B1AE9C2D-F1AC-45B6-8216-4930879A724F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
I have what I call the chain saw trailer. Its a Nissan pickup box trailer with a plastic bed liner and a contractor style shell that all the windows swing open. Carry two air tanks for blowing off saws. Couple Dewalt canvas bags for supplies and a couple plastic totes. Carry a 2 1/2 can for saw gas and a five gallon can for splitter and of course several saws. When I came back from sawing trailer goes in shed. saws all get cleaned up put back in trailer and were ready to hook up and go cut wood.

Milk crate. I zip tied 2 pvc tubes that have notches cut out's in them to hold bar wreches, one PVC tube to hold a dead blow hammer, another notched PVC tube to hold a chip brush to clean around the bar oil and gas caps before I open them to refill. It holds 1 gal gas, 1 gal bar oil, extra bar oil, extra chains (2), 2 large wedges & 2 small wedges and a heavy duty magnet with a piece of threaded rod on it so I can mark 16" on the wood to buck to length. I can also fit a can of marking paint on top if needed, along with 1 pair of gloves. Oh, yeah, and an Israeli bandage in it's sealed container "just in case". I was thinking of adding another PVC tube with a glue cap on one end, a coupling that was glued on one end and another piece with a cap glued in place. It'd slip fit in the coupling and hold chain files. Cut the first piece w/coupling shorter than the files would be to make them easy to get out. I zip tie the PVC tubes to the inside of the milk crate so I don't lose them (or knock them off if they were on the outside). If I'm using the small or medium saw I can also slip an extra bar in there vertically. (14", 16" or 18" bar)

Milk crate with an old peanut butter jar zip tied in 1 corner to hold random files, etc. Dont have a picture. Holds my bar oil, 1 gallon of fuel, 2 wedges, an extra bottle of mix oil and my gloves nicely
I carry everything on my tractor. Bar oil, sharpeners, bar holder etc in the milk crates, gas can on the left fender, Stihl MS-362CM on the right FEL mount and the MS-180 on the right milk crate:

h5yiWvJ.jpg

pW2xgdH.jpg

Plus one on the milk crate:
I don't "box" my saw, but I do box my supplies. Milk crate with wedges, bar oil, several pairs of gloves. two pairs of Bugz eyes, two pairs of muffs, bottles of mix and two gallons each of different ratio fuel. I throw dull chains in it as well for the trip home. An ammo box with spare chains sorted by length, spare parts, saw tools and midget wedges.

View attachment 514929 View attachment 514930 View attachment 514931

Ron
Plus 2 on the milk crate - on tractor:
IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4643.JPG

Plus 3 on the milk crate - on crawler.
IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

Ron

Latest posts

Back