Post pictures of your firewood cutting kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bring all my logs out to a concrete pad to process. So the cant hook is used to roll over logs occasionally - i don't use it much but it is handy when you need it . Having forks I can pick up logs to buck them. Im ordering a LOX OX 3-1 tool I think it would be more useful for my set up .
Ok thanks. If you weren’t set up the way you are, would you consider the cant hook a handy tool if all you had was a saw and pulp hook?

unless you find yourself frequently cutting 2/3 of the way through a log every firewood length then rolling it over or wresting huge rounds into a vertical splitter the can't hook probably isn't needed. but when you need a lever it sure helps.

unless you find yourself frequently cutting 2/3 of the way through a log every firewood length then rolling it over or wresting huge rounds into a vertical splitter the can't hook probably isn't needed. but when you need a lever it sure helps.
Thanks Pete, not the case for firewood but was wondering to move/manoeuvre softwood logs. Ends up I might finance a small tractor rather than ruining my body THEN getting a tractor.

Thanks Pete, not the case for firewood but was wondering to move/manoeuvre softwood logs. Ends up I might finance a small tractor rather than ruining my body THEN getting a tractor.
they will give you leverage to roll mainly. a chain wrapped can also help with that .

you will know you want one when you find your self trying to move logs with your foot rolling them over or onto a chain, off a pile ect...

Latest posts

Back