Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy that looks way better than this one!!!! This 257 is from the same fella I built the 262 for.......they all look like this when he can't make them run anymore...all 4 of his 262s looked like this........LOL!!!!!

View attachment 549372 View attachment 549373
Thats is getting your moneys worth. That will make some of the non saw users cringe around here.

Boy that looks way better than this one!!!! This 257 is from the same fella I built the 262 for.......they all look like this when he can't make them run anymore...all 4 of his 262s looked like this........LOL!!!!!

How would I describe that, over used.
Doesn't look to bad for the amount of hrs on it, go husky.
Here's one I bet he'd like to have.
It's a bit rough though :laugh:.20161013_013456.jpg

Thats is getting your moneys worth. That will make some of the non saw users cringe around here.

Yezz sir....Ol' Birdie gets ALL the hours out of everything he has.......and he's really not abusive on equipment.....just uses them a lot....keeps 'em tuned, filters changed etc. As long as they'll still cut wood they go to work everyday...even if he has to nurse 'em a little. Cutting in spruce pine and balsam fir they get pretty nasty...that's just pitch build up on the top handles...LOL!!!

That is a really rough looking specimen but I often see more of them like it, cutting softwood really gums them up and it seems most softwood cutters around these parts never clean a saw, its just a tool. My saws cut lots of softwood but I at least try to clean them up periodically. I do know a guy that has a nice 266XP with very low hours.

My 254xp

Ported, muffler and inlet modded.

Breathing like a dragon and matches a friends 346xp NE

Now has new AV mounts all round to solve the out of line handle as pictured and is running a 154se bottom end with a 254xp cylinder and piston.

View attachment 549442

View attachment 549446
Hopefully your friends 346 is ported that it matches or there is something wrong with the 254. My 254 has no problem keeping up with a stock 346oe or ne and it has no mods. It's also one of my favorite saws out of all of them and gets a good amount of use.20161114_210614.jpg

brett , is that a seized top end 288xp in the price range of $150-$200 that's the only way( i buy ;) ) besides the .064 i own is the creamsicle equivalent (in my opinion ) lol and don't even have the 262 any more bought and sold on this site :(
How much did you give for the 562 :).
When I bought it.
I pulled the plug and turned it over one full revolution and it had a nice coat of lube on the cylinder wall still from the factory.
I'd like to try an oh64, never had or ran one, yet ;). But I've never started this one either :).
I would have given your asking price for the 262, I just couldn't do it at the time for some reason I can't now remember.
Here's a couple more pictures of it.
I'm not thinking it's seized :laugh:.20160703_182043.jpeg20160703_182105.jpeg20160703_182255.jpeg Little surface rust here, but I'll leave that as it's in survivor condition and I don't want to disturb it. I've never had the bar and chain off either, but only the top cover and the plug to check the cylinder when I bought it. 20160703_182455.jpeg

When I bought it I pulled the plug and turned it over one full revolution and it had a nice coat of lube on the cylinder wall still from the factory.
I'd like to try an oh64, never had or ran one, yet ;). But I've never started this one either :).
I would have given your asking price for the 262, I just couldn't do it at the time for some reason I can't now remember.
I'm not thinking it's seized :laugh:.View attachment 549492View attachment 549493View attachment 549494 Little surface rust here, but I'll leave that as it's in survivor condition and I don't want to disturb it. I've never had the bar and chain off either, but only the top cover and the plug to check the cylinder when I bought it. View attachment 549495
that's a very nice version of a 288..... i paid $400 out the door for the 562 from a pawn shop 2012 model ....iv'e never ran a... oh288 ;) but im guessing the 064/288 saws are very close maybe a slight edge to the 288 :) i sold the 262 same price a i bought it for here

Hopefully your friends 346 is ported that it matches ot there is something wrong with the 254. My 254 has no problem keeping up with a stock 346oe or ne and it has no mods. It's also one of my favorite saws out of all of them and gets a good amount of use.View attachment 549483

Matches... Maybe better, Never timed any cuts. I am more than sure my 254 is OK :)

18" 254xp 15" 346xp, blah blah blah

From what I remember the muffler has been opened up and the internal restrictor tube englarged/drilled out.

Muffler matched to exhaust port, light porting, dunno how much, it's a farm saw not a hot saw :)

Limiter caps removed to allow carb tuning, squish reduced and coil changed to what I think is meant to be a a non limited coil (too modern for me to care about)

that's a very nice version of a 288..... i paid $400 out the door for the 562 from a pawn shop 2012 model ....iv'e never ran a... oh288 ;) but im guessing the 064/288 saws are very close maybe a slight edge to the 288 :) i sold the 262 same price a i bought it for here
Great price on the 562, now wouldn't you splurge a little more for a Swedish classic :D. From what I have read I'd have to agree in regards to the 064 out classing the 288, but I've never ran either personally so I have no right to speak to that either way. I've always wanted an 064 as I've had plenty of other stihls but not one of them yet ;). I like to be able to experience things for myself rather than go with what everyone else tells me.
I'm thinking the oh288 was the jred version :laugh:.

Matches... Maybe better, Never timed any cuts. I am more than sure my 254 is OK :)

18" 254xp 15" 346xp, blah blah blah

From what I remember the muffler has been opened up and the internal restrictor tube englarged/drilled out.

Muffler matched to exhaust port, light porting, dunno how much, it's a farm saw not a hot saw :)

Limiter caps removed to allow carb tuning, squish reduced and coil changed to what I think is meant to be a a non limited coil (too modern for me to care about)
Nice, that's sounding better.
Having owned lots of 346xp's oe and ne as well as the 2153 and 2152's and the 254 I can say stock for stock there is no comparing the two. They are both fun little hotrods and I enjoy both of them.
Let us know what you find out, inquiring minds want to know.

When I bought it I pulled the plug and turned it over one full revolution and it had a nice coat of lube on the cylinder wall still from the factory.
I'm not thinking it's seized :laugh:.View attachment 549492View attachment 549493View attachment 549494 Little surface rust here, but I'll leave that as it's in survivor condition and I don't want to disturb it. I've never had the bar and chain off either, but only the top cover and the plug to check the cylinder when I bought it. View attachment 549495
I'd be tempted to trade a 298 or a 2100 for a nice 288 like that.

Great price on the 562, now wouldn't you splurge a little more for a Swedish classic :D. From what I have read I'd have to agree in regards to the 064 out classing the 288, but I've never ran either personally so I have no right to speak to that either way. I've always wanted an 064 as I've had plenty of other stihls but not one of them yet ;). I like to be able to experience things for myself rather than go with what everyone else tells me.
I'm thinking the oh288 was the jred version :laugh:.

My only complaint against my ported 064 was the vibes. After just a few minutes my left hand was tingling. My 064 spooled faster than my 288, but didn't sound as nice and I didn't like the feel in the cut. So I traded it away after using it twice.

My only complaint against my ported 064 was the vibes. After just a few minutes my left hand was tingling. My 064 spooled faster than my 288, but didn't sound as nice and I didn't like the feel in the cut. So I traded it away after using it twice.
Thanks Steven.
I take what many say with a grain of salt, but am listening carefully to what your saying :yes:.
I thought that's why you were supposed to take your left hand off till the saw finished falling thru the wood :laugh:.
I am surprised on one hand in regards to the vibes, but knowing what I do about the huskys I've ran vs the stihls the huskys win hands down for smoothness. I have never ran a 661, but my 441c-m was silky smooth and the 576 is smoother from what others have said. I had a 575 that was very smooth also, but there was a lot of time in between.
Were the chains similar as a different/more aggressive grind can make a huge difference.
I will say that at Randy's gtg the best sounding saw was the 288 he had ported for @Magic_Man, I was walking over to see what was going on as soon as I heard it:chainsaw:. The coolest was the big echo 1201 that vibrated the ground when it was started for the very first time about 10-15' away, both made me :D.

Back