Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Base gasket is also the same 254-257-262.
Maybe in the IPLs, but I know there were different gasket confiurations recommended elsewhere, even between different top ends on the 262. This has been discussed to some length by knowledable people on another chainsaw forum.

Anyway, you should be safe, if you pay close attention to the squish. :)

Anyone know how many different chain catches their were? I see some cases have a spot for a plastic and metal and some do not?

Since we're on 2 series saws. My 268 leaks bar oil out of where the tit of bar adjusting screw goes into the case. Is there supposed to be something that seals that up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1997 254XPG, completely OEM, original piston and cylinder and only Husqvarna parts fitted whenever it needs anything doing....Just fitted a new set of genuine 'firm' A/V rubbers and gave it a good cleaning....DSC_0051.JPG
.....along with a new brake handle due to a small crack developing at the base of the old one, nylon chain guides and bar plate, 7 x .325 sprocket and bearing, chip deflector and Carlton bar and Oregon LPX chain as fitted to my 560XPG...
DSC_0034.JPG

Also a new heated handle switch as the old one had a cracked piece, and a good cleaning of the carb and filter area....
DSC_0065.JPG

It's well used but far from abused. I plan on keeping this saw for as long as it can be maintained, although parts aren't always available in a hurry nowadays!

My 1997 254XPG, completely OEM, original piston and cylinder and only Husqvarna parts fitted whenever it needs anything doing....Just fitted a new set of genuine 'firm' A/V rubbers and gave it a good cleaning....View attachment 424222
.....along with a new brake handle due to a small crack developing at the base of the old one, nylon chain guides and bar plate, 7 x .325 sprocket and bearing, chip deflector and Carlton bar and Oregon LPX chain as fitted to my 560XPG...

I believe you will be even happier with a .325 x 8 rim on that saw - at least you should try it! ;)

My 90 has the plastic and 92 the metal
that make sense. Unfortantly I dont have the 91 crankcase in front of me, else I would had checked that one also.
All my 90 crankcase have plastic, while 92 or newer have metal, actually, since Husky generous let the old chain catcher system be intact on 92 or newer, we can choose whitch one of them we want to use.

Latest posts

Back