Poulan 2000 Oiler is a Geyser.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting you finally show the DB holder...it is a different style than the ones I have. Was there a little pressed in bushing to hold the DB in place? All mine had a hex head and were made from steel. Yours has a screwdriver slot? Is it aluminum or pot metal?

Look at 2nd pic in 1st post for cartridge. Appears to be pot metal. There may have been a bushing - if so, I zinged it. DB seats so firmly, I doubt impulse will blow it out.

I have to believe that the screen acts as a safety net if for some reason the bushing were to come loose and get sucked into the engine.

That wouldn't be pretty while in a cut, sudden lockup.
Steve

"the screen"
"saftey screen" on the DB holder??? or crankcase "screen"?
Just took one of my micros apart to find the answer...
How does the errant DB bushing/collar get past the impulse passage SCREEN that is staked? from inside the crankcase?
it can't

Update: Limbed with saw for 10 minutes in late Dec. Put saw in van. It ended up resting with bar at a 45* angle. Temps were 5*-45*. Go to start today and wowzer!-dat's some compression bubba! When fresh bar oil shot out the muffler, I had a clue.....crankcase totally full of bar oil. Pull clutch and look at cartridge - hey! Duckbill is gone. It's goo or burned up somewhere. New duckbill installed and I applied a thin layer of super glue around seating collar. Cut 30 minutes worth of 4-6" limbs today and saw oiled fine. Set on shelf level in garage. Will check in a week or so.

I'm thinking the cartridge screen does indeed keep the duckbill in.
Duckbill may have blown out into crankcase cuz I had saw at 45* angle, and weight of oil flowing that way.

Latest posts

Back