Poulan 2300 wrist pin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewRollette

Reaction score
Hi all,

Picked up an old Poulan 2300CVA a little ways back, got it running with a quick carb kit, but I could tell that the compression was lacking; ran weak, way too easy to pull over. Upon further examination the piston and ring were pretty tore up. Decided to do a new piston and ring. Anyways, I get to tearing it apart and pull the wrist pin, only to find that the "wrist pin bearing" is just made up of the individual rollers sitting loose between the wrist pin and small end of the rod, no cage or anything, so when I pulled it out I was just left with a pile of rollers sitting on my garage floor. Not sure how common this is on older saws, but if anyone has any advice on a good way to get this thing put back together, or knows where I can find a more typical pin bearing, that would be amazing.

Novice mistake, very common design, next time use a pencil or dowel rod to hold those in.

Automotive wheel bearing grease or even vaseline will hold them all in for re-assembly, should be 22 of them. No longer available Poulan part 530032075.

The full complement bearing (loose rollers) is a lot more durable than a caged bearing, just rated for a lower RPM, but those don’t spin much…

Latest posts

Back