Poulan 25DA's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterguide

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
For years I used a 25 for climbing saw. Thought I had run into and got fixed most any problem possible. I bought quite a few and still have a couple left.
The one giving me the trouble starts fine like always. Idles fine. Low and high are one turn out. I rev the saw and it sounds great and dies. I did all the usual pickup tube and filter stuff. Put carb cleaner in it just in case. Hate to tear down carb.
Anybody have thoughts on the trouble I appreciate it.

Tear down the carb and check it for debris. The filter in the carb is probably clogged or the diaphram is stretched out. You said you checked fuel line? Might have crack/pin hole where it makes tight bend to go up into carb. I would change it. Those were great saws and I used a lot of them just wish the newer ones were as reliable and had some antivibe to them.

Have you checked the plug? Check the kill switch from under the cover. You probably already checked all that. Try turning the jets out another turn and try that.

Those 25s are pretty dependable. After two decades with them I got familiar with their quirks.

It sounds like you need to open up the low speed jet. The one towards the motor. When I tuned them I would turn the screw out one full turn to get them running. Then, make adjustments and use the width of the screw slot as an indicator. One slot-width at a time. I'll bet that you need about two slots out on the low.

Keep us posted.

Tom

I had an older S25 , it had a bad gas tank, the air filter was junk, and the thing never did run while I had it. I got for next to nothing from a friend who had no use for it anymore so I wound up with it. and no matter what I tried to do to fix it I was unable to so I just junked it and got a newer saw. If anyone wants the crankshaft from it its yours.

If anyone has one, I am looking for a good used coil for mine.

I need the electronic breakerless one, not the points type, as I'm sure you all know they have different mounting bosses.

Mike

Originally posted by oldsaw-addict
I had an older S25 , it had a bad gas tank,....... If anyone wants the crankshaft from it its yours.

Now Oldsaw, that crank wouldn`t have hammer or grouser tracks all over it would it? I`ve heard all about your Poulan maintenance program! I think that you may have worked for me at one point, LOL.

Russ

Latest posts

Back