Poulan 3300 chain saw brake interchangability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Mandigo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Since I posted the wrong saw (3400 instead of 3300) in my last thread I'm making a new one. Will be picking up a poulan 3300 that doesn't have a chain brake and I read online that they did come on Canadian saws so finding a cover with a brake assembly should be possible but I'm wondering if any one knows which other models or brands chain brakes will swap over? Craftsman maybe?

You can find one that could be green, gray, yellow or the rare red one. Maybe even purple if it was from the Tim Allen Badboy. green would be 2800, 3000, your 3300,3350 and 3750, gray is Sears don't know model #'s, yellow 285,305,330,335,336, 365, 380 red would be a 335 Predator
Take the bar off and look around the adjuster pin area for damage, it is common to have far sighted strongman stooges on a Redbull diet not get the adjuster pin in the hole on the bar and tighten the bygeesus on the bar nuts and run the pin into the oil tank. Then you are looking at a crankcase replacement, which is harder to do than 15 years ago or epoxy the slot and use an Intenz bar.

You can find one that could be green, gray, yellow or the rare red one. Maybe even purple if it was from the Tim Allen Badboy. green would be 2800, 3000, your 3300,3350 and 3750, gray is Sears don't know model #'s, yellow 285,305,330,335,336, 365, 380 red would be a 335 Predator
Take the bar off and look around the adjuster pin area for damage, it is common to have far sighted strongman stooges on a Redbull diet not get the adjuster pin in the hole on the bar and tighten the bygeesus on the bar nuts and run the pin into the oil tank. Then you are looking at a crankcase replacement, which is harder to do than 15 years ago or epoxy the slot and use an Intenz bar.
Thanks man, gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for a parts saw and I'll check the pin for sure, hopefully by Wednesday next week I'll have the 3300 singing

Back