Poulan 3400-3700-4000 fuel line replacement revisited

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hamish

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Mark,
I ran the part number for the duckbill valve though the husky site.........was amazed all the saws its used on (346NE is one of them) after lots of IPL's I came up with 530 02 38-77 for the double end barb fitting. I ordered a couple of them and when they come in next week I will get some rough measurements and see if they are the same as the on you use.

Modifiedmark
Mark,
I ran the part number for the duckbill valve though the husky site.........was amazed all the saws its used on (346NE is one of them) after lots of IPL's I came up with 530 02 38-77 for the double end barb fitting. I ordered a couple of them and when they come in next week I will get some rough measurements and see if they are the same as the on you use.

Nice work, let us know what you come up with. Thats also very good news to me to know that duckbill is still being used on saws that new, hopefully that means that we will still be able to obtain them for quite some time yet. They were used in alot of places on lots of older Poulan saws, in fact that same duck bill was used in fuel caps as far back as 1975 as far as I know.

Just for the heck of it, I did find a double barb fitting # for the one used on the Poulan 3300 and that # is 530024475. That one should work as well. I think I will order a few of both part # just to see what they come back as.

Modifiedmark
View attachment 169907

Here in the double ended barb fitting 530 02 38-77....................and no I am not a photograper as you can tell.

Yes we can tell by that photograph! :ices_rofl:

Looks close to what is needed from what I can see of it though, thanks for following up and posting it.

I ordered some of the 530024475 barbs but have not went to pick them up yet.

I think either will probably work fine.

This will be nice having part numbers now to use. I cannot believe I never bothered to track them down before.

Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Timely

Mark, that info on the fuel lines came in very handy this afternoon. I have been looking for a 3400 Countervibe for a long time. I bought one brand new in 1982 and sold it after a couple of years to get an 042, much to my regret - but money was tight then. It is hard to find them in Australia in good nick but to my surprise I picked up this 375 the other day. Everything is just fine except the fuel lines, which were hard and perished from sitting too long. It is not a 3400 but I am really happy with it. My first Poulan in 29 years.

Well lucky for me that little duck bill and the plastic connnector were still in the tank. I removed the tank to do the job but it was easy with your instructions. This pic is not good but you can see the little connector poking through.
P1280666.jpg

Very easy to work on these Poulans.
P1280667.jpg

What do you think? Still on it's first chain! This one is a keeper and will sit with my Partners.
P1280669.jpg

Modifiedmark
Al, as you guys say, that 375 is in awsome Nik!

You came out well there, looking for a 3400 and finding that instead.

That saws a full 60cc, and has the updated Poulan 4000 style air filter setup on it.

Thats a very nice find, we don't see them that often here in the states either.

Al, I'm sure the guys in the Poulan thread would like to see these pictures there.

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Nardoo, Nice find on the 375! I just found one of those recently myself. They are like Mark said, basically a 61cc 3700 with 4000 features. If your in need of a carb kit for that saw, which has a Zama C3A carb, as opposed to the Walbro HDB on those Poulans. Which will work also. The only place I could find one, was from Poulan. They still have the kits.

375004.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks Mark, I will put up a couple of pics over in the Poulan thread.
Ohiogregg thanks for that info. I have tried to get Poulan parts in Australia but have had no luck at all. Apparently McCulloch distribute Poulan now and they only sell chain store rubbish with no back up. I will keep trying as this 375 needs a Zama idle screw and I will get a kit too. I think I can rob one from an 034S but I will try to get McCulloch customer service to respond to me.
Now I am off to cut up some green red gum before it gets too hot.

Al.

Roanoker494

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Thought I would bring this one back up since I have a 3700 here now in need of fuel lines. Big thanks to ModifiedMark for taking the time to make this thread for us.

EDIT:
I am going to make one modification to Mark's approach since I do not have a duck bill around here. I am going to use the barb to hold the vent line in the tank but I will use a coarse threaded screw in the opposite end as a vent, not the best but it will get me through the weekend in Butner and I will find a duck bill next week.

Last edited:
redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thought I would bring this one back up since I have a 3700 here now in need of fuel lines. Big thanks to ModifiedMark for taking the time to make this thread for us.

EDIT:
I am going to make one modification to Mark's approach since I do not have a duck bill around here. I am going to use the barb to hold the vent line in the tank but I will use a coarse threaded screw in the opposite end as a vent, not the best but it will get me through the weekend in Butner and I will find a duck bill next week.

Shoot. You should be fine!

Modifiedmark

EDIT:

Yes you will be fine with the right sized screw, dont go to big with it or it will seal the line off though. It will drip a drop or two when the saw is in certain positions but not a big deal.

timberdollars

timberdollars

ArboristSite Operative
Fuel line with threaded metric rod

Yes the screws work great, I place TWO 4mm/5mm ready rod chunks or studs cut 1/4 " long. (found in nut bolt section of hardware stores) I place one near fitting and one at other end. I have had to do this on lots of my Partner S55/F55 saws with vent lines as they are always missing there tank fitting and duck bill assembly.

No issues at all with venting or pressure leaks, may be too much restriction for larger cube saws but not showing yet.

Great tutorial on lines, all applies to Partners too as tank is similar and lines the same, Weedeater line kit works great for both if you need the fitting or line.