Poulan 3400 compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaskets aren't available but I either make one or just use a good sealant like Dirko HT w/o a gasket. I believe rings are available. Part # is 530024332

Correct, I have already ordered them. The gasket is 530019129 if anyone has one kicking around I will be happy to relieve you of it.

As previously stated 130-135 psi is about all you'll get from a 3400.

I've had mine for about 30 yrs. and just re-ringed it last year. It had gotten down to 100 psi (still started and ran...but I could tell it was down on power).

After break-in....it now has 132 psi and I don't expect to see any more out of it. Runs good though!

As previously stated 130-135 psi is about all you'll get from a 3400.

I've had mine for about 30 yrs. and just re-ringed it last year. It had gotten down to 100 psi (still started and ran...but I could tell it was down on power).

After break-in....it now has 132 psi and I don't expect to see any more out of it. Runs good though!

Agree with those comp ranges. I rarely see above 135 and that's w/o a gasket. I've had several that ran great at 120 so I use 110 or below as a ring change guideline.

Latest posts

Back