Poulan 3400: Rejuvenated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron in sc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got a new guide bar, sproket, and several chains from TonyM, a site sponsor, and my saw which cut very good before now cuts even better.

I'm really for hurricane season now, I think.

Nope. It's Oregon chain. Sure, it is not as fast as non anti-kickback full chisel, but after talking with Ron, I felt it fit his needs best, and the price was right.

Ron, If you don't think you are going to use that GB sprocket, you can ship it back to me if you'd like. I could send you a few bucks to cover the shipping. Sorry for all the trouble. I think I've finally made it right with you, and GB USA has made it right with me. Now GB Australia is looking into that application to see what's up.

Nice to see another homeowner green saw here. They work the same, just cost ALOT less.

Tony,

I went to the post office to send the GB sprocket back to you yesterday; but the line was very long, it went out the door, so I left. I'll go back tomorrow.

I'm very satisfied and highly recommend to others that they buy parts and the like from you.

Timbermaster,

You may have already done this or not had any problems with you Poulans, but mine was nearly impossible to start and would only run for a little while and then stop. I put in two new piston rings and it has run like new since. Starts easily, does not bog down or stop. That's why I decided to spend a little money on it and get the parts I got from Tony. I glad I did. Now my 25 year old saw should last a good while longer.

Did you have trouble with the GB sprocket not fitting correctly? I stopped getting
them after having the same trouble.

Did you have trouble with the GB sprocket not fitting correctly?

Yes it's overall width was to great. When I tightened the sprocket cover, the cover contacted the sprocket. I think the photo below pretty much sums it up. The one on the right is the old one. If I'm not mistaken it is about 2 or 3 mm narrower.

Latest posts

Back