Poulan 3614 erratic run muffler gaskets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmhard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have 2 Poulans 1 green and 1 yellow -I don't work on these things but I get asked to do charity work and every so often I agree to. Symptoms are similar to a bad reed valve, they will burp but not run.
These are the models with 2 ports in the carbs.
I have done the fuel lines, done the cars in ultrasonic, tried a coil and plug on 1 and was able to get it running with muffler loosened but could not get the carb set up and then it died and never restarted. Cylinders are perfect.
When I could get them running they both leaked exhaust out the back of the muffler where the gasket is.
Just wondering if I missed something in the carbs or if the gasket is causing a pressure issue inside the head??? These may be the models with plastic in the heads but I didn't go there yet as I am looking for the simple solutions before I destroy.
Thanks in advance!

These are strato engine saws and can be tricky to tune correctly, do a search on "tuning a strato saw", lots of good info there once you get the saw running. Your problem could be caused by the muffler, only if it is BADLY plugged and that rarely happens with these saws as they come from the factory set too lean, however, try blowing through it, there is an internal screen that can become plugged if it has been running too rich. If in doubt, try running with the muffler off. You have to determine if it's a no-start because it's too rich or too lean. Pull the plug and see if it's wet or dry.

Latest posts

Back