poulan 3800 manual oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyduke

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm rebuilding the oil pump on on a poulan 3800. i've got a new diaphagm and an o-ring for the manual pump. i'm having problems removing the red oil pum cap from the top of the pump. what's the correct method?

i'm rebuilding the oil pump on on a poulan 3800. i've got a new diaphagm and an o-ring for the manual pump. i'm having problems removing the red oil pum cap from the top of the pump. what's the correct method?

Jump to the Poulan section ...in the ***** forum. Jerry just asked the same question about the cap removal over there, right after he tried to
bump a sticky LOL. :dizzy:

EDIT
Why can't we all grow up & get along? I just noticed the asterisks in place of h a w g z

Jump to the Poulan section ...in the ***** forum. Jerry just asked the same question about the cap removal over there, right after he tried to
bump a sticky LOL. :dizzy:

EDIT
Why can't we all grow up & get along? I just noticed the asterisks in place of h a w g z

thanks hotshot. i did a pretty thorough search of as, including the sticky thread but after 45 fruitless minutes, i finally gave up and started this. after that i went back down to the shop. bear in mind that the pump is made of plastic and if damaged would likely require a lot of time and resources to replace. i did manage to remove the cap. first i remounted the oil pump then gripped the neck of the manual pump loosely with a pair of skinny pliers. i tapped the jaws gently with a small ball peen and the cap began to move and then slipped off. the pump is working well now. i hope it lasts another 35 years. its owner will be happy.

Latest posts

Back