Poulan owns Husqvarna??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact is undisputable that Husqvarna is a separate company from Electrolux.

A key distinction that must be understood is that when it was spun off from Elux, the shares in the new Husqvarna were given to the existing shareholders of Elux. So, while it is accurate to say that Husqvarna is mostly owned by the same people/shareholders that own Elux, it is not true that Husqvarna is owned BY Elux.

Some other definitions are also changed. In the past, it was accurate to say that Husky and Jonsered were both brands that were owned by Elux. But now it is clear that Husqvarna in fact owns Jonsered.

It's also important to understand the reasoning behind this. The outdoor products part of the business had grown so big, that it really required it's own distinct operating entity. It no longer made sense to share management with the "white goods" part of the business. Several years ago, there was a deal in place to aquire Scag. The OPE side was all set to go, but issues on the white goods side killed the deal. It had become obvious that both businesses had to get out of each others way.

It may be big news in the OPE industry, but how all this pertains to us guys on the site isn't all that significant in my mind. If you have a 372XP that was built in 2004 it's an ELUX product, but one built last year is a Husqvarna product??? It's the same saw. Built in the same place by the same people. So what?

I suppose that if someone is excessively caught up in the brand identity/image thing, that image is dilluted if you must concede that your favorite brand is "owned" by another entity. So, in that respect Husky fans no longer have to endure jokes about being owned by a sewing machine company or whatever. But an awful lot of good saws, (262, 288, 272 etc), came out of that organization.

The fact is undisputable that Husqvarna is a separate company from Electrolux.

A key distinction that must be understood is that when it was spun off from Elux, the shares in the new Husqvarna were given to the existing shareholders of Elux. So, while it is accurate to say that Husqvarna is mostly owned by the same people/shareholders that own Elux, it is not true that Husqvarna is owned BY Elux.

Some other definitions are also changed. In the past, it was accurate to say that Husky and Jonsered were both brands that were owned by Elux. But now it is clear that Husqvarna in fact owns Jonsered.

It's also important to understand the reasoning behind this. The outdoor products part of the business had grown so big, that it really required it's own distinct operating entity. It no longer made sense to share management with the "white goods" part of the business. Several years ago, there was a deal in place to aquire Scag. The OPE side was all set to go, but issues on the white goods side killed the deal. It had become obvious that both businesses had to get out of each others way.

It may be big news in the OPE industry, but how all this pertains to us guys on the site isn't all that significant in my mind. If you have a 372XP that was built in 2004 it's an ELUX product, but one built last year is a Husqvarna product??? It's the same saw. Built in the same place by the same people. So what?

I suppose that if someone is excessively caught up in the brand identity/image thing, that image is dilluted if you must concede that your favorite brand is "owned" by another entity. So, in that respect Husky fans no longer have to endure jokes about being owned by a sewing machine company or whatever. But an awful lot of good saws, (262, 288, 272 etc), came out of that organization.

Sad part being is that Husqvarna is in financially hardtimes right now ....

I heard that EFCO and ECHO were the same company, but one was just a misspelling of the other and both are owned by WATERPIK. Waterpik is planning to come out with a 60cc two stroke oral cleaning device if they can figure out how to keep the cat. muffler cool enough to avoid facial burns.
:dizzy::dizzy:

Electrolux and Husqvarna

Let me muddy the waters even further.

While Husqvarna did "spin off" from Electrolux, per se, they are indeed still very closely linked. The proof of this is that with the last six months or so Electrolux decided to move their HQ to Charlotte, NC. Within TWO months of that, Husqvarna announced they would move their HQ from (Atlanta?) to Charlotte as well.

That ain't a coincidence. Seems like the biggest difference from 2006 is the way stocks are purchased and sold. The two companies act a lot like siamese twins.

Spike is the reason Husky is now allowing online sales on none pro equipment to help with poors sales numbers??

Swimming in money .........· The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 1 (0) for 2009. ...If I were an stock holded I'd be pissed

Last edited:
Whoever owns who lets put up a request to bring back a more modern version of the McCulloch 10-10 or the super 250, or how about poulans 3400 or 5800 some real saws, not this plastic trash.

I agree but a 5800 poulan does'nt exist.

Spike is the reason Husky is now allowing online sales on none pro equipment to help with poors sales numbers??

Swimming in money .........· The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 1 (0) for 2009. ...If I were an stock holded I'd be pissed

Adding the other "box store" models to the online sales isn't going to have much of an impact on the big picture. The strategy has been to hold on to cash during the lean market to remain in a strong position, and in that sense they are in great shape despite a sales slump that has affected just about everything in the economy. Magnus is a really sharp guy.

One thing I've learned over the years, and we'll use Husky and Stihl as an example, is this: People like to torpedo the competition with suggestions, rumors and innuendo. You will almost constantly here of Stihl and Husky people making remarks that the other one is "in trouble" or "hurting" or "not doing so good". Both companies are equally guilty of this. Last year they were both doing it. You would have thought that they were both going out of business. Same for Exmark and Scag, and there are no doubt plenty of other examples.

And we also have to be honest that a lot of that goes on here on the site as well. A guy with a somewhat known dislike for Husky, such as yourself, is going to be just as quick to jump on that type of bandwagon. And to be fair, a Husky guy such as myself is just as inclined to paint the rosiest picture possible. It's just human nature, but our biases are usually on display here for all to see.

Adding the other "box store" models to the online sales isn't going to have much of an impact on the big picture. The strategy has been to hold on to cash during the lean market to remain in a strong position, and in that sense they are in great shape despite a sales slump that has affected just about everything in the economy. Magnus is a really sharp guy.

One thing I've learned over the years, and we'll use Husky and Stihl as an example, is this: People like to torpedo the competition with suggestions, rumors and innuendo. You will almost constantly here of Stihl and Husky people making remarks that the other one is "in trouble" or "hurting" or "not doing so good". Both companies are equally guilty of this. Last year they were both doing it. You would have thought that they were both going out of business. Same for Exmark and Scag, and there are no doubt plenty of other examples.

And we also have to be honest that a lot of that goes on here on the site as well. A guy with a somewhat known dislike for Husky, such as yourself, is going to be just as quick to jump on that type of bandwagon. And to be fair, a Husky guy such as myself is just as inclined to paint the rosiest picture possible. It's just human nature, but our biases are usually on display here for all to see.

Time to sell all my Huskys because of my known dislike for them....:):)

Spike where is the swimming in money?? ....

The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 1 (0) for 2009

Why no dividend for the shareholders if there swimming in all this money??

bandwagon...............More like reading financial reports ...

Hate to tell you but you might wanna get your facts straight before you jump.
Go to do some research, like go to electrolux s company website youll find it states eloctrolux owns jonsered, husqvarna, etc also if you search the parent company of jonsered it says electrolux. Husqvarna is not the big guy ,electrolux is. And by the way your list of companys is way short of what electrolux actually owns!

Husqvarna owns itself and owns "AYP" along with many other companies. They are the largest "OPE" dealer in the world

Nope, The OPE division was spun off from electrolux with Husqvarna as the controlling company. Husqvarna owns Jonsered, Poulan, Weedeater, Partner, McCulloch, Redmax, Yazoo-Kees, Bluebird, Flymo, Klippo, and a bunch of construction products companies such as Target, Dimas, Diamant-Boart, Soft-cut and some others I'm forgetting.

Yep, and it it has been that way for some years!

Back before i bought my 372, i had been considering a Dolmar 7900. I drove 40 miles to a Dolmar dealer to check them out. While i was browsing, the owner of the shop started bad-mouthing Husqvarna saws. He told me even the XPs were really just cheap Poulan saws. Out i went, and the following day i went and bought a Husqvarna 372.

Either one of two things going on when a dealer resorts to brand-bashing.

1) They can't sell the brand they deal on it's own merits.

2) They are too stoopid to know what the #### they are talking about.

No matter if its one or two...... i don't spend my money there.

Sounds like a 2) case.....:censored:

Husqvarna or Electrolux owns Viking, My wifes sewing machine is a Viking and it Husqvarna written on it.

There are at least two different Viking companies - one is owned by Stihl and the other by Electrolux - none is owned by Husky, as far as I know, but I believe E-Lux kept the right to use the Husqvarna name on anything but OPE.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back