Poulan Pro 330 Tuning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprung22

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked this saw up on the tradin post and am super pumped to start using it but I wanted to get it tuned right before running it in some wood. Does anyone know of a baseline for adjusting the carb on this saw? Or should I just use this guys advice.
It seems to make good sense. I’m not a total noob but I would like some advice as I’d hate to ruin this saw by adjusting it improperly.

Start with mm, remove limiters on carb screw then adjust. Choked up like crazy from factory.

Just picked this saw up on the tradin post and am super pumped to start using it but I wanted to get it tuned right before running it in some wood. Does anyone know of a baseline for adjusting the carb on this saw? Or should I just use this guys advice.
It seems to make good sense. I’m not a total noob but I would like some advice as I’d hate to ruin this saw by adjusting it improperly.

start at 1 to 1-1/4 open on both Lo and Hi . Once its warm adjust per the video

I think I’m on the right track but still seems like throttle response isn’t the greatest and I kinda thought it would have more power in the cut so tell me what I’m doing wrong or if I’m doing something right you can tell me that too.

I think I’m on the right track but still seems like throttle response isn’t the greatest and I kinda thought it would have more power in the cut so tell me what I’m doing wrong or if I’m doing something right you can tell me that too.

Think you can richen the Hi side a little bit. Didn't seem to be four stroking when you lifted it out of the cut. Also I really don't like a 22" bar on a 54cc saw.

Nice. Yah, once it and the spare that the seller was nice enough to give me are toast I’ll upgrade to a better full skip chain. I hand file and can’t imagine how many flat files I would go through trying to get these rakers down!!

Think you can richen the Hi side a little bit. Didn't seem to be four stroking when you lifted it out of the cut. Also I really don't like a 22" bar on a 54cc saw.
Ok thanks. I’m gonna run this bar for a bit and see how it goes. I do like not having to bend over as much. But your right even with the muffler mod it sure doesn’t love that length bar. It sure oils it though.

Nice. Yah, once it and the spare that the seller was nice enough to give me are toast I’ll upgrade to a better full skip chain. I hand file and can’t imagine how many flat files I would go through trying to get these rakers down!!

I can and have taken them takers down with a file a few times...its not as bad as you think. Makes a huge difference. What did ya do for a mm?

Heck yes! Add another port on the front half of muffler on the side. I like to cut a slit and then bend out like a husky deflector I guess you should call it. Basically..I cut a slit with a Dremel then form with a flat pair of pliers to make what I want.

If ya want to get frisky remove the base gasket and turn the flywheel 1/2 a key...be a cheap farmboss eater...with ease

Back