• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan Pro 655 - with boost ports!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul hill

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Im curious, how does this saw compare to a P-60? I have a strong running P-60 and wondered what the performance differences are?
I know the P-60 was a predecessor to the 655 and that the boost ports are supposed to have some more zip but how much noticeable difference is there. I'm wanting to buy it and find out but also have my eye on a brand new 346 that's got my attention

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Im curious, how does this saw compare to a P-60? I have a strong running P-60 and wondered what the performance differences are?
I know the P-60 was a predecessor to the 655 and that the boost ports are supposed to have some more zip but how much noticeable difference is there. I'm wanting to buy it and find out but also have my eye on a brand new 346 that's got my attention
The 655BP (bp=boost port) is a stronger running saw due to the third transfer port that they put in the jug. More fuel to the top end = more boom!

The difference may not be wildly substantial but it's definitly there in timed cuts.

This saw shouldn't still be here. I would have tossed it on Ebay and made $600-$700 by now...

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Man, I have seen like..four?..of these things go by over the past few years here, and I never have the cash when they show up...grumble...of course I usually only have enough cash for a busted WT....

What bar mounts do they take?

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Man, I have seen like..four?..of these things go by over the past few years here, and I never have the cash when they show up...grumble...of course I usually only have enough cash for a busted WT....

What bar mounts do they take?

Oregon D007, though I believe a D196/096 would fit too. 3/8ths bar studs, so others may fit with a little modification.