Poulan Pro XXV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vuotto

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My inlaws have an old green Poulan Pro XXV that someone never maintained. I'm interested in seeing if I can bring it to life, it looks like it would make a good small saw to have around. Does anyone know where I could find a manual for it?

I found my manual here for a Poulan 2000: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/

I just tried looking up your's but didn't seem to find it, but it might be worth checking out. I would recommend you check the 'Beg For Manuals' thread and do a search on the site - you might get a hit. The members here are a wealth of info - so someone may have a PDF copy they could send you.

Fuel lines, carb kit and maybe a fuel pickup will probably return that to great running form. Can find these all the time on craigslist and ebay - so you have a ready source of parts.

Drop down in the menue and you will see our chainsaw forum. Those guys will hook you up. We used the XXV's when my Dad was in business and liked them a lot, Joe.

I found the Beg for manuals thread labrax mentioned. There is an older post in there by someone looking for the same manual and someone responded saying they had it, so I sent that guy a message. Hopefully he can get me a copy.

I don't think I would buy a new Poulan, but it looks to be a well built saw. If I can get it running I'll put a new bar on it and put it to use.

Baileys is a site sponsor - and I believe you can get a 14" bar for that for under $10 - Carleton 'Tiger' bar and a decent chain for around $10 - Oregon VXL 3/8 LoPro non-safety chain.

The 'Chainsaw' specific section of the site is probably a good place to ask for manuals for the saw if you have already searched.

I don't know where you will find a manual for it, but it is a good light saw for doing yard work. It's very much comparable to a Homelite XL2, and I still love my XL2.

poulanxxv.jpg

poulanxxv2.jpg

If I find a manual somewhere I'll post it here. Those ads are great. Wow, I think that first ad says it goes for $123.

Back