Poulan ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VINIFIREWOOD

I only no what I know
Reaction score
What can you guys tell me about a Poulan Counter Vibe 5200

attachment.php

One of the last lineup of professional saws Poulan built. They are good but the older models had starter problems. Other than that age usually puts a tole on the old rubber mounts along with people spilling gan on them. I have seen them sale around $275.00 with a bow. You can still find some parts for them, but pistons are getting hard to find. By the way, I need a piston for a 5200 to rebuild my 8500 if anyone has one.

One of the last lineup of professional saws Poulan built. They are good but the older models had starter problems. Other than that age usually puts a tole on the old rubber mounts along with people spilling gan on them. I have seen them sale around $275.00 with a bow. You can still find some parts for them, but pistons are getting hard to find. By the way, I need a piston for a 5200 to rebuild my 8500 if anyone has one.

Man you got me to thinking about your "starter problem" comment. Exactly to what were you referring? They go bad or weak? Your input might be helpful when I get mine back together. Thanks.
Bob

Man you got me to thinking about your "starter problem" comment. Exactly to what were you referring? They go bad or weak? Your input might be helpful when I get mine back together. Thanks.
Bob

Just not the best design ever made thats for sure. Just make sure you got the spring wrapped good and that it stays good and clean. I can't remember what but something likes to get hung up a bit.

Thomas good luck in finding that piston, but did you know the rings can still be ordered from the dealer?

Yes it surprised me too.

The fix for the saw was a new paw design which fixed the problem. The old style looks like a single curved piece of stamped steel. New style which fixed the problem is forked at the end. It is a simple fix, just get the newer style paws and replace the old ones. I will post a picture of them a little later.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm watching one on an online auction, don't expect it to go too high so keepin my fingers crossed.

you may get your wish come true

great saw and if you get the older poulan saws there a lot more durable then the news walmart versions most people think of. Poulans work great but I wouldnt suggest a regular consumer to get a poulan. Not a new one any ways. Great saws if you know how to take care of them and how to fix them when you need to.

Got her home. Compression feels good. She needs a good cleaning and the button for the high idle doesn't work,stuck in, but throttle trigger is free. Otherwise looks to be well worth the $40. No time to toy with today maybe tomorow.

Poulan 5400-85c

I have one of these, largest saw & bar I have. It looks like I am going to have to exercise it on the fallen post oak in the barnyard. The log is little shy
of weenie high. If I cut & quarter it I can give it away,
One of my compadres hauled off 5 pickup loads of 2009 Jan. 26-28 ice
storm wood. It has been keeping him & wife warm while their HVAC
was not working.

Latest posts

Back