Power Mac 320

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're my least favorite saw ever. period.

If you have any questions let me know, I've worked on a lot of them.

I worked on one of those once, I swear it was as frustrating as they get.
NEVER again will I work on one of those, at least not without something like a colt .45 to fix it. or one of those 50 ton shop presses.

Phew nothing major

Well this one ranks up there with the other weird designs I have messed with lately. But this one is the top pita. Just carb and drive sprocket problems. Running now and ready for more trim cutting. Hope to never see it again.

Last edited:
Gee you fellas are easy tossed there not to bad as i have worked on plenty of the little critters believe me there are saws a lot worse to work on.

Mc Bob.

Looks just like the Monkey Wards a friend gave me. Thing never ran and I never tried to fix it. Wasn't worth it. Still got my old 610 though. Heavy but has muscle. If I could just find parts I'd trash the new Wild Thang and be happy.

a Mac 610 is about the greatest homeowner saw ever built. look on ebay for the parts or just get a parts saw, and you're good to go.

Own a bunch of them. I like them. I can usually get them cheap because other people do not like them. I find them to be frustrating sometimes as well but not more so than any other little saw. Previous people abuse(used motor oil bar lube or even for gas mix) is usually why they do work when I get them. They must have been cheap when they were new because there is a bunch of them out there. Would not want to work on them every day but I will when nothing better is around. I do like using a good running one.

OK, I know this is an old thread but I just have to comment on Redmaxs stuff. By the way, I am not a pro logger, I am in the lawn car business but I really enjoy doing a bit of work here and there with a chainsaw. I recently posted about wanting a Husky 350 but I am a very indecisive person and am now looking a redmax 621. So I really do not know allot about their saws (yet) but I have quite a few of their trimmers that I use daily and sometimes all day long. Anyway, they are the best that I have ever used. Their trimmers are so far above and beyond anything that I have ever used before. So I would assume that the same would be true of their saws. So if anybody is considering Redmax hand held equipment, I would strongly recommend them!:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back