MS191T vs 200T ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlotL1keVegas

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was browsing online and came across a 191t. When I looked it up, acres says that it's a 46.5cc saw. I didn't even know there was a 191t. So now I'm wondering.... the 200t is legendary because its a 35cc saw. The 191t is apparently 11cc bigger. So why isn't the 191t a highly sought, and coveted saw? I have never heard anyone praise a 191t. What gives? Does anyone have one of these unicorn saws? Merry Christmas

https://www.acresinternet.com/cscc....78c2342e05b1c91a8825851e007e8713?OpenDocument

The 191T is one of the most cursed saws to work on ever built.
Also one of the most beat up top handle saws that I have ever worked on to restore. Tree service companies beat them to death, even worse than the Echo 355 T saws that came in to my shop last year and several years before.

The 191t is apparently 11cc bigger. So why isn't the 191t a highly sought, and coveted saw? I have never heard anyone praise a 191t. What gives? Does anyone have one of these unicorn saws? Merry Christmas

Model Profile: MS 191 T
The current 194 tis 31.8cc. The 46mm bore for that cylinder on the 191t should be confirmed elsewhere I would think.

I wouldn’t even replace a plug on a 191t so I don’t go down a rabbit hole I won’t get out of. It’s right up there with ts460-another abomination

So I was browsing online and came across a 191t. When I looked it up, acres says that it's a 46.5cc saw. I didn't even know there was a 191t. So now I'm wondering.... the 200t is legendary because its a 35cc saw. The 191t is apparently 11cc bigger. So why isn't the 191t a highly sought, and coveted saw? I have never heard anyone praise a 191t. What gives? Does anyone have one of these unicorn saws? Merry Christmas

https://www.acresinternet.com/cscc....78c2342e05b1c91a8825851e007e8713?OpenDocument
I've had a 191T since 2000. When it runs, its an amazing tool. When it doesn't, 'my resentment towards Stihl is unlimited. At the moment, its not running. Again. But, I am unwilling to give up on it and will be a happy person once I have the carb repaired. So, pros: strong engine. Well balanced. I run it with a 12 inch bar and it cuts through all wood like a hot knife through butter. Cons: the carburetor. When it messes up, Stihl rises to the top of my "great satan" list. There is no reason that a company as capable as Stihl should make something that difficult to repair. It is the sort of complexity I expect from cheap junk. I've never had a 200T so I really don't have anything to compare to my 191T. I love it, but I would probably buy something different if I had to do it over.

Hope that helps.

Neal

Latest posts

Back