Mac 110. Fill me in.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87stocker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I am buying a Mac 110 on Saturday. Running and complete for 50 bucks. Fill me in. Is it worth it? From what I can tell its a first/early gen saw. That's why it caught my eye. Aside from this:
Model Profile: MAC 110
I have very little information on these saws. Anyone who has one or has had one fill me in. I cant leave anything stock, what mods have you done? How did they work? Anything helps.

Thanks
View attachment 307973

when they run they are good, but can be a real mess to work on when they have problems!!!!!!

Don't listen to cobey, macs are actually easy to work on if you can get the motor out, is only like 10 bolts to take the motor out. The 110 is the same as 120 130 and the eager beaver, so if you need parts in the future buy up some cheap ones. But be forwarned, mini macs are addicting little saws, there like $1 lottery tickets, you get them cheap and if you strike out, no biggie.

its just the reputation of the saw, i never worked on one just ran it, the one i ran was fine:smile2:

Save your money for a wild thing!

seriously...

Bah! Just port the heck out of the mini mac and put a tuned pipe on it. Maybe throw some nitromethane RC fuel in it if you set the pipe up for that.

Maybe I should make a couple of the little piped nitro snorting bastards and sell them. Maybe they'll catch on. Be a good little branch cutting saw if you can avoid bumping the pipe on your face.

Bah! Just port the heck out of the mini mac and put a tuned pipe on it. Maybe throw some nitromethane RC fuel in it if you set the pipe up for that.

Maybe I should make a couple of the little piped nitro snorting bastards and sell them. Maybe they'll catch on. Be a good little branch cutting saw if you can avoid bumping the pipe on your face.
Haha! Do what ever you want just don't send one of those darned things my way!

I think i am going to pass on this for now. I haven't found much that scares me as far as wrenching on it but I'm gonna build my 272xp a little more and finish my PM800 before I get another project.

So you have been reading my build threads, no nitro methane, but I did dump in 3 oz of octane booster into my 101 racing gas just for the heck of it, little bastard ran like hell with the pipe on it

50 USD? At least 45 USD too much!

OK power. They need a short bar for good balance. Like 10-12. Ergonomic mess with anything longer. Your hands are very close together.

And, I have replaced the fuel line on my E.B. 2.0. Not that bad but who needs the stress.

Latest posts

Back