Power Mac 380 oiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello, A buddy brought me one of these to get running and after new bar studs, a muffler mod, and a tune up this puppy barks. It also spews oil like crazy. I pulled the oiler, from the bottom of the case, and it's a black plastic thing with a thin brass screw sticking out of the top. Does this screw adjust the oil flow? And if so, which way do I turn it for less oil and how sensitive is the adjustment? Right now it's turned about twenty turns out. This saw has a cool manual oiler that you operate with your left thumb. Of course, right now, you avoid it like the plague. Also, if you can find one of these for $10, like my buddy did, buy it. This one has some bite.
Thanks, John......

one more thing

It needs a new gas cap. This one is bigger than a Wild thing oil cap but smaller than a WT gas cap. Needs to be cheap or I'll use JB weld to fix this one.
Thanks, John......

Just in case anyone else has this same oiler that thin screw does adjust the oiling rate. Screwing it in=less oil. Not really handy but it works.
John

Latest posts

Back