Preferences for Lanyard Materials

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilarch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Currently using a 2-n-1 of Pelican (think extra "hard lay" 11mm HTP) with a 10mm 4 coil prussic. Bights way too hard and would like to make two separate lanyards adjusted with hip prussic or a DEDA. 13mm HTP, StableBraid or any of the 1/2" arb ropes. I've only handled Hi-Vee, true blue, tachyon, 11mm HTP, and the pelican. Cordages I've tried/have are the beeline and 3/8tenex. Knots with seizing would be used since my splicing isn't up to my "life support" standards. Anyone have combos you guys know are proven to play nice with each other?

I'd love to go the microcender route but my crew and employer are old school. My Cougar saddle and 2-n-1 are already pushing their comfort level. Need to stay with prussic or schwabish (sp?) for now. Would hate to drop the coin and then be told I can't use it.

After using an ART Positioner for my lanyard, I cringe every time I have to use a knot (still use that on the wirecore lanyard). I know it is a chunk of change, but it is worth it IMHO.

I am less concerned about the rope I use...have tried several, and haven't found too much difference. I have always bought lanyards with the snaps spliced on the end...but was thinking about trying one for myself. Maybe that is a good winter project!

Back