pretty good estate grab today boys...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing your anvil reminds me of one of my dads friends Big Bill. Guy would pick up a 100lb anvil by the point one handed. Impressed the heck outa me as a little kid.

I've seen the B&D attachment used on tongue and groove joints on beams in houses/barns etc. For that they are fantastic. Great haul BTW!

The hommie is a 7-21..... silver fan housing

Not a 7-21, wrong air intake. That is the sort of intake most homelites have, the 7-21 has it inset. I have got a 7-21 frankensaw, with custom machined pieces to fix broken parts, and a recoil starter that looks to be off a Wiz.

Nice haul, Joe :msp_thumbup:.

I like how Black & Decker marked their tools Made in the United States of America, not just Made in the U.S.A. Of course that was back when B&D actually made tools in USA.

Nice score Joe.

That anvil must have belonged to my brother in law.

He is the only one I know who could figure out how to break one. :)

No Mark he ain't the only one who could bust one. Jon (my son in law) could have broke that anvil using the beer can. :msp_sneaky:

Nice haul Joe!

Nice find! I would have been all over that sale too! Looks like he did a fair amount of production machining with the rougher endmills in the batch.

DSCF0847_zpsecd39687.jpg

I have an anvil like that one, only it has the horn still!

DSCF0857_zps0c02a9c6.jpg

I would look that circular saw over super close, before putting power to it.
With that niffty looking, all metal body on a tool that age,
If any wires/insulation have gone brittle or soft,
or the brush holders may have cracked, etc

could be a bad experience if your in the ground path
when you plug it in or pull the trigger.

that box of end mills looks like no one spun the tangs off the drill bit
or spun and galled up the cutter shanks.
looks like some counter sinks and other cutters too.

Looks like a bit of condensation drip rust on them
(you said in the cellar, right?)
I'd put that travel indicator in a safer spot
to keep it from getting a bent or nicked shaft.

looks like it was an interesting trip!
like to score a grinder, myself (always the *%#@* budget thing..)

Not a 7-21, wrong air intake. That is the sort of intake most homelites have, the 7-21 has it inset. I have got a 7-21 frankensaw, with custom machined pieces to fix broken parts, and a recoil starter that looks to be off a Wiz.

Sure looks like mine.

Sure looks like mine.

All those old homelites look very close, but as far as I know, the 7-21 is unique in one aspect. Look at the air filter inlet on the bar side of his, now look at it on yours. If you can tell, the inlet hole on the 7-21 is inset into the gas tank, where as on every other homelite, it is flush with the tank, and has a raised fin around it. That inset intake is unique to the 7-21, and is the only way I was able to identify mine, with all the tags missing. That looks more like a 4-20, or 5-20.

Back