pretty little thing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatsfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
had to drive to the big city yesterday for Christmas Eve with my girls so figured I would pick up something I'd been eyeballing online and kill 2 birds with one use of expensive ass gasoline. it wouldn't start so they were negotiable. said it had belonged to an uncle and they had never used it.

got to looking it over this afternoon. dumped the rancid fuel, was happy to see it was green so at least it was premix. did some pulling with fresh 40:1 and it finally fired up and seems to be running great. restarts easily now. there was no oil in the tank, so I filled it up and it really oils the bar nicely. I should probably do a carb kit, but it doesn't feel like it actually needs one.

only issue I see is the starter squeaks when the rope recoils back in. I'll need to take a look at that. really impressed with the paint quality on this thing. looks like a nice thick enamel. and the compression when starting is pretty impressive for a 27.9cc saw.

came with the original case but those never seem to get used.
PXL_20221225_182906814.jpgPXL_20221225_182921853.jpgPXL_20221225_182935854.jpgPXL_20221225_182713468.jpg

Very nice score! I have the 330 version and it is smooth to operate. Since it is an Echo you can look up a parts diagram and order parts. In this case you will most likely need new o-rings for the oiler shaft.
It will most likely be oiling too much and could even leak while sitting. A few new O-rings and it will be back to its original glory. Very nice find! And you’re right about the fit and finish on these saws. Absolutely top notch. Even the decals were built to last. Beautiful saw.

Very nice score! I have the 330 version and it is smooth to operate. Since it is an Echo you can look up a parts diagram and order parts. In this case you will most likely need new o-rings for the oiler shaft.
It will most likely be oiling too much and could even leak while sitting. A few new O-rings and it will be back to its original glory. Very nice find! And you’re right about the fit and finish on these saws. Absolutely top notch. Even the decals were built to last. Beautiful saw.
I think you may be right on this. even in the cold it left a 2" dia puddle of oil on the shop floor below the tip of the bar.

I think you may be right on this. even in the cold it left a 2" dia puddle of oil on the shop floor below the tip of the bar.
Yep. It’s a very simple fix. Take off the oiler adjustment knob and you’ll see that the shaft will screw right out. Replace the O-rings and screw the assembly back in. You’ll be good to go for many more years. The ease of adjustment on the oiler system is outstanding.
You can tell just by pulling the starter rope how well built those saws are. You found a real jewel.

The banana bar that I have stamped poulan is identical to your one stamped echo, right down to the induction hardened rails, grease hole, and bar hanging hole.
Wonder which manufacturer made it for them.

IMG_20221227_191048.jpg

Latest posts

Back