Price Advice Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff & jphallman, that makes total sense to me. Sometimes my 6' 5" wannabe logger voice pops up, "Who need decomp valve on tiny saw, Who care about topper guy tiny saw....." But alas, none of my saws need one either. Thanks guys. :D

Gary

fishhuntcutwood said:
Worry not birdman, the non-pro models had the same shroud as the Pro models, but had the blanking cap in the decomp hole, as Locoweed showed. My dad's 026 is like that.

And you shouldn't be disappointed with the saw, and I'm glad you're not. It's a fine saw in any right. And I don't know from firsthand experience, but I've heard told that the 026's with the non-adjustable oiler seemed to put out more oil than the adjustable ones set at max. At least that's what I've heard. And you can never have too much bar oil.

Jeff

The adjustable oiler is nice, not so much for it's "adjustability" but because on the 026, it only oils when the chain is moving... So if you're climbing with it running on your belt, or idling on the gpound, it doesn't drip oil eveywhere.

Latest posts

Back