price difference in bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying a 24" bar for my 372. My question is why the big price difference between the woodsman($112.95) and the arborpro ($49.95). Would the GB be another comparible bar? The woodsman seems to be way too overpriced.:bang:

Wow, that's high. I'm running GB bars, have been for a couple years. Mostly because I dislike Oregon stuff and I can get GB from one of several forum sponsors. I've had good service from the Pro Top bars and recently got a couple 24" Titanium bars for one of my 372's. Only been on it a couple weeks but so far so good. Got them from Tony Miller www.dolmersaws.com for $42 each plus a few dollars shipping.

Some here have complained about tips blowing out but I've never had a GB tip blow out. I never grease them but I thoroughly scrape the groove and blow them out with air once or twice a week.

jack-the-ripper said:
I have been thinking about buying a 24" bar for my 372. My question is why the big price difference between the woodsman($112.95) and the arborpro ($49.95). Would the GB be another comparible bar? The woodsman seems to be way too overpriced.:bang:

The Woodsman Pro is a Cannon bar. Check out the prices on a Cannon for comparison. They have the reputation for being much better than anything else out there but I don`t feel that sort of investment is warranted on short bars. Long bars that cost hundreds of dollars anyway might make more sense.

I`ve tried different GB bars and would only use their Pro Tops or Titaniums, the other ones are junk plain and simple. Even worse than the cheapest Oregon.

Russ

Latest posts

Back