price difference in bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying a 24" bar for my 372. My question is why the big price difference between the woodsman($112.95) and the arborpro ($49.95). Would the GB be another comparible bar? The woodsman seems to be way too overpriced.:bang:

Wow, that's high. I'm running GB bars, have been for a couple years. Mostly because I dislike Oregon stuff and I can get GB from one of several forum sponsors. I've had good service from the Pro Top bars and recently got a couple 24" Titanium bars for one of my 372's. Only been on it a couple weeks but so far so good. Got them from Tony Miller www.dolmersaws.com for $42 each plus a few dollars shipping.

Some here have complained about tips blowing out but I've never had a GB tip blow out. I never grease them but I thoroughly scrape the groove and blow them out with air once or twice a week.

jack-the-ripper said:
I have been thinking about buying a 24" bar for my 372. My question is why the big price difference between the woodsman($112.95) and the arborpro ($49.95). Would the GB be another comparible bar? The woodsman seems to be way too overpriced.:bang:

The Woodsman Pro is a Cannon bar. Check out the prices on a Cannon for comparison. They have the reputation for being much better than anything else out there but I don`t feel that sort of investment is warranted on short bars. Long bars that cost hundreds of dollars anyway might make more sense.

I`ve tried different GB bars and would only use their Pro Tops or Titaniums, the other ones are junk plain and simple. Even worse than the cheapest Oregon.

Russ

Back