Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me stop you guys from going down the rabbit hole, thats the bolt hole for the screen retainer on the muffler. An L bracket goes from the cylinder to the top of the muffler.
That bolt hole serves double duty if it is drilled with the valve in place instead of the bolt. I couldn't see it on my phone but on a larger screen you can see that the OP's is drilled for the port.

Your saw is an early PM800 that relied exclusively on the Q-port. The later saws (except the 8200) had the Q-port and the DSP.

Ron

Missed your location - in the US it is 3/8" NC not a pipe thread. Your picture shows that your saw has a port drilled so it is best you find a valve. They are hard to find but easy to spot - due respectively to scarcity and unique coarse threads. If you cannot find one and you intend to use the saw personally, I might be able to part with one of mine.

Ron
I am located in Australia ... found one on Ebay.com but seller does not send to Australia
it is drilled for a valve

I am located in Australia ... found one on Ebay.com but seller does not send to Australia
it is drilled for a valve

Have you asked the seller? Sometimes they say not posting (I live in NZ) generally if you hit them up they will be keen as. Just plug it for now shell be sweet as. If your a cunning man you could possibly make up a sleeve and thread in a smaller valve.

Thanks for reminding me of my sad 800 out in the shed id better show her some love. Beast of a saw man don't give up on it

Tri
Have you asked the seller? Sometimes they say not posting (I live in NZ) generally if you hit them up they will be keen as. Just plug it for now shell be sweet as. If your a cunning man you could possibly make up a sleeve and thread in a smaller valve.

Thanks for reminding me of my sad 800 out in the shed id better show her some love. Beast of a saw man don't give up on it

Yeah tried to contact, will try again.

I had a mate provide some plugs that will fit on way in mail.

I love the old macs ... have 8 so far 6 x 10-10, pm55 and pm700 ... this one seems good, just missing valve and muffler shroud ... might have to make one

Back