Pro Safety Felling Dogs are HUGE!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you DO KNOW that if you injure yourself with those modified dawgs your insurance will not cover it, right?

Not a problem. Before Craig injures himself he's going to have to answer to the EPA for violating the mysterious Anti-Mod Statutes, and then get arrested by OSHA for grinding off the points of his felling dog teeth.

Come to think of it, the Humane Society will probably arrest him for grinding his dog's teeth without a vet's license.:D

So much for fitting in a plastic case with these big DAWGS...lol! These may just have to go on the 066 instead. I like the look, but wow, they make the BIG clutch cover look tiny as well..hehe

Here are a couple of pics for reference..
Working on my 044 rebuild, getting the last few parts together, and these dawgs being one of those things.
prosafety.jpg

And here is a comparison to a standard 046 Dawg Part #1128/01
prosafety2.jpg

Be careful about ordering these if you use a case...they are bigger than I thought.

Now that's a DAWG...lol!:greenchainsaw:

all i can saw is SWEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need some of those for the wifes 017:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Big dogs

I love big dawg's in hardwoods, they give the perfect amount of "bite" and allow me to use them to my advantage.

On the west coast of Vancouver Island they are a staple, without them your days out falling are hell.
We need those for the thick bark, awkward cutting stances we face here each and every day.

Stock Stihl dawgs are plenty for hardwoods.

Those things in the photo are ridiculous, there isn't any earthly reason to have dawgs that big on that little of a saw.

Make the saw look like some of the cars running around East St Louis.

Sam

Back