probably another mistake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumazz

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i purchased a very old asplundh wood chipper. i believe its called the basic model, whatever that is. It has a 4 cylider, no blower on chute, and 12" drum. Can't find a tag with serial number on it. Maybe one of you has ran across one like this. Would like to get a manual on it if possible. Also are these old chippers 6 or 12 volt? And are they positive ground?

Attachments

• 20240210_115415.jpg
    20240210_115415.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240210_115348.jpg
    20240210_115348.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Ok... well today I hooked up a 12 volt battery to the old gal. The ballast was good, power through the coil to distributor. That's where it went down hill. Took distributor cap off and found the rotor was wiggly, dust cap cracked, and no condensor at all. Ordered a complete tune up kit and metal clamp for rotor. She may come back to life now.

I'll guess at an Asplundh 12" chipper. Plenty of pics to match to for a year. The engine? Must have a tag somewhere. Numbers, stamped leters, something.

Take some good pics of the engine. It should be 12 volt and will be negative ground

Latest posts

Back