Problem with Harv's Sales in Detroit MI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesson to be learned.

Never buy sight-unseen.
I never like to sell sight-unseen and when it's the only way for the buyer to do it then I make sure he understands the negatives to the machine, I even list then on the invoice and describe the extent to which it has or has not been tested.
And even then it makes me nervous because this is used equipment and you never now when an engine or bearing is going to fail. All you can say for sure is "these are the stats at this time".
If your going to buy sight-unseen have the dealer provide you with detailed close-up pictures of the wear points, and lists the service that he has done including a compression and oil pressure test.
If the seller doesn't know what you mean by wear points or doesn't have a digital camera then don't do business with him.
And remember, it takes two to screw.

If you mailed him a check did he mail you a BOS? I remember reading somewhere you could claim it as mail fraud.

WOW , I was going to buy a 98 Morbark chipper from him , 13500 , 1600 hours! Guess I'd better rethink it!:monkey:

Old Harv's business must be down a bunch. I noticed he is not advertising in the Tree and Landscape Trader anymore. Gee, I hope it was not due to anything that might have been revealed about his junk on this site?:hmm3grin2orange:

Guess I'd better rethink it!:monkey:

Just run the other way. Does anyone else notice that Harv is always selling what appears to be 'Like New' condition equipment for thousands of $ less than the competition? To a buyer who hasn't already dealt with him, it might seem too good to be true. Guess what - it is.

You get what you pay for. If he's advertising a chipper for thousands less than other comparable ones are selling for, you had better believe that you're not comparing apples to apples. Something isn't being represented accurately.

His web site is gone?

Old Harv's business must be down a bunch. I noticed he is not advertising in the Tree and Landscape Trader anymore. Gee, I hope it was not due to anything that might have been revealed about his junk on this site?:hmm3grin2orange:

hopefully he didn't just change the name of his business to operate under a clean slate?

Still around.

He's still there.
August Tree Trader page 90.
There are lots of guys like this out there. I have to compete against them all the time at auctions. They pay to much for crap, don't know anything about servicing or even using the equipment, change the oil, slap some paint on there and a decal set and thats it.
That is why one should always inspect before buying.

WWW.CALIFORNIATREEEQUIPMENT.COM

hopefully he didn't just change the name of his business to operate under a clean slate?

We have been advertising in the tree & landscaping magazine for over 8 years we have hundreds of satisfied customers one guy gets on here and complains and all of you say things you know nothing about I try and treat everybody fair But you have to know that you are not going to satisfy everbody!!!!!!

harvs

He is nothing but a big fat lying piece of crap to put it nicely. Everything that comesd out of his mouth is B.S. All of the equipment that her sells is junk that is in like new condition.I live about 2 hrs from his location and wanted to blast him in the face before I left . Told me all kinds of good stuff on the phone and when you see in person" junk". He paints everything to look what he calls like new. Im furious to hear about this. I wish I could take him to court myself and sue the pant off him for misrepresentation. Sorry to ramble I cant stand the guy.

We have been advertising in the tree & landscaping magazine for over 8 years we have hundreds of satisfied customers one guy gets on here and complains and all of you say things you know nothing about I try and treat everybody fair But you have to know that you are not going to satisfy everbody!!!!!!

So is this actually Harv or just one of his flunkies? Either way, might ballsy to say what you just did if you even read this thread let alone were actually the one dealing with these customers.

"Like new" and worn-out rental unit with new paint are not the same thing. If you've sold so many units you should be able to tell the difference. Apperently you can't.

We don't give false information We have hundreds of satisfied customers One guy gets on here and you all want to jump on the wagon You have never had any dealings with Harv' Sales

You do give false info. Every thing about what you told me about the grinder I bought from you was false I don't care how many "satisfied customer" you have in your mind.

I'm not speculating or guessing. I have first hand knowledge of your business practices and so do others on here.

You are a lie and a cheat.

OK guys there is a nice site for guys like this, its called www.rippoff.com I use it allot when people don't want to pay me. I have one guy who filed bankruptcy owing everybody money and started a new business under a different name. I posted on both business and he was unable to get the new business off the ground. Every time someone typed in either name Ripp Off. Com comes up and gives them the low down on this crook. Check It Out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back