Problem with Vemeer 222 Stump Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all. Happy TG Day. I have a question about my vemeer stump grinder 222. I have just noticed that only 1 tirel is putting out traction. The other is not. Both wheels are locked for traction. Any suggustions??

Thanks. Eat Today the Turkey.

How do the Tires Lock in on that model? Isnt it possible to unlock one so you can get a tighter turning radious? Does this model have one or 2 hydraulic motors?

I am not sure about 1 or 2 hydr. motors. Yes, you can lock only one tire is desired. You pull out alittle T pin near the hub. Both are locked in and still only 1 leg?

Joe

If you only have 1 Drive motor and 1 wheel is pulling you have a problem with your Lock Watch your axle and your hub while moving the machine you should be able to spot where its Broken or splipping.

The "T" pin engages to a hub on the Axle. This hub is secued to the axle with a roll pin. Most likley the roll pin has sheared and needs to be replaced. I alway's carry a spare in my truck. In 1,100 hours I have sheared 3 of them.

Hope this helps
Gordy

That is waht is was. After I clean up the bottom of the machine and jacking up one side. I saw it.
Thanks for your help though. you were correct !!

Latest posts

Back