Problems Starting a Husqvarna 281 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was only around a short while. Husky actually covered the replacement of flywheel and starter to the 2100 parts under warranty.

Check out the big brain on oldsaw!

I took the pull cord assembly off again tonight and noticed that the when wound in the cord was over lapping itself. Thus binding and being a B I T C H in itself. The pulley does have a slight crack on the inside allowing it to splay wider than it should be and so the cord wraps over itself when you pull it tight. I'm gonna get a new pulley tomorrow, hopefully. I was using a 4.5 mm dia. cord, which looked to be a straight replacement for the one that was already on it. Is this the right size or should I be using a thicker cord?

I think Kenskip was spot on the money!!! I'll let you know once I have the new pulley

A+ for Kenskip and Oldsaw
Fitted a new pulley today. She pulls and she starts! As we say in England, Job's a good un.

Thanks to all those who provided suggestions for probable causes. You have saved me a lot of time and head scratching.

Back