Processor Grade in New Hampshire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteindustries

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello, I am relocating to the Conway area of New Hampshire and am looking for cost on Processor Grade logs in that area.
I would be looking for something like a grapple load every two weeks.Depending on the size of a grapple load.6-8 ,10-12??
Excuse my ignorance but I have been supplied by local arborist here in Massachusetts and haven't been educated in logging terms.Much less spoiled with nice logs.
Where in the scale does processor grade fall? What determines the definition?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Allan White

Allan ,

Usually a grapple load is about 12 cord but it all depends on the logger and how much he is willing to haul , but it ranges from 8-14 cord on a truck . As for processor grade logs it's a log that is too small to make pallet grade and too big to run through a chipper , really it a hardwood pulp log 6-14" diameter little or no defects , all depends on who you get it from what the quality will be..

Rob

Thanks Rob

StIhL MaGnUm said:
Allan ,

Usually a grapple load is about 12 cord but it all depends on the logger and how much he is willing to haul , but it ranges from 8-14 cord on a truck . As for processor grade logs it's a log that is too small to make pallet grade and too big to run through a chipper , really it a hardwood pulp log 6-14" diameter little or no defects , all depends on who you get it from what the quality will be..

Rob

Thank You,
That is what I had thought more or less, but really wasn't sure.
Is there anywhere they post market price on Pulp wood?Or do I need to or stop by one of the mills?
I guess my next step is to hook up with some decent loggers/suppliers up that way.

Allan ,

A decent load of hardwood pulp that will be used for cordwood ranges anywhere from $600 - $1200 depending on how much you will buy , where it has to get trucked to etc . I may know a few guys I could get you intouch with

Rob

Any leads would be great

StIhL MaGnUm said:
Allan ,

A decent load of hardwood pulp that will be used for cordwood ranges anywhere from $600 - $1200 depending on how much you will buy , where it has to get trucked to etc . I may know a few guys I could get you intouch with

Rob
Hello, Thank you for the offer.
Any leads would be great.
Looks like a few weeks before I would be up and running as they say.Still in the process of moving getting stuff taken care of on both ends....
Allan.

What is the best logging Organization in NH?

Whiteindustries said:
Hello, Thank you for the offer.
Any leads would be great.
Looks like a few weeks before I would be up and running as they say.Still in the process of moving getting stuff taken care of on both ends....
Allan.

Hi,
What is the best logging organization to join in New Hampshire?I am a new member of the Northeastern Loggers association just wondering if there is a local organization also.
Thank you.
Allan

Latest posts

Back