Product review= piston&cylinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumbum

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Recently installed a couple of Weedeaterman kits and though it would be helpful to give overview.

First kit was was a Class A big bore kit for a 6421 makita/dolmar, a personal saw. Kit looked good; good plating (nikasil) no pits or voids, typical dark band at top. Was advised to go with the wristpin retaining clips as they would be good, seemed to have proper tension. Set up with out gasket netted a squish of .023 giving 160psi after first tank of mix. Slight amount of casting roughness in ports and transfers that was easily polished out without altering charge timing. Brass impulse nipple protruded into transfer requiring a little grinding, no big deal. As much as I handled the jug inspecting and grinding, I didn't catch that the exhaust mount holes were not tapped until it was installed on saw (plugged openings and tapped on saw, no biggie) At 84.7cc's the saw now has some balls to pull a 28" bar and full comp chain. Thumbs Up

Next saw was an associates scored Husqy 55. Directed him to weedeatermans site and walked him through the choices and he settled on a Hyway basic P/C kit. Arrived in a timely manner but seemed to receive the full top end kit (gaskets, spark plug, etc.). Kit looked fine. Upon assemble, sans gasket, discovered a excessive squish of .062. Cold with assembly oil I got 140psi , haven't checked it after it's first tank. Owner of the saw is happy as can be so I'm satisfied.

Randy would you like me to send you the plug and stuff back?

You takes yer chances with aftermarket stuff, but I'll return for more from Randy.

Latest posts

Back