Production faller... 5 years experience.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WV logger, I didn't know you were a member here, welcome! Keep the ears, eyes, and brain clear. There is much to be learned.:)

Get that saw sharpening perfected and smooth out your cutting style. Your last video looked light years ahead of the first one I saw.

you learn something new everyday always willing to learn

check out trying to get going thread the yoader is mine,something new to my area so i am learing how to log that way pretty cool i like it, juet moved my skidder on a new job, trucks could not make the hill to the yoader so back to the good old skidder till the weather breaks

check out trying to get going thread the yoader is mine,something new to my area so i am learing how to log that way pretty cool i like it, juet moved my skidder on a new job, trucks could not make the hill to the yoader so back to the good old skidder till the weather breaks

alright will do

Only in the east coast? I doubt it.

Captainsteep, Could you imagine swinging to a roadside landing with your skidder, from your yoader, affordably?

wvlogger, this whole thing cracks me up, I've enjoyed it. You'd definately enjoy working with some smooth, graceful, fast pro fallers. Your eyes will light up when you see what production falling can be.

Only in the east coast? I doubt it.

Captainsteep, Could you imagine swinging to a roadside landing with your skidder, from your yoader, affordably?

yes f i had a graple skidder thought of putting one on my dozer but its to small only a dresserTD 8

056, you of anyone must know how typical the scenes depicted are of Appalachia. He did use a hinge, which is a step in itself.

056, you of anyone must know how typical the scenes depicted are of Appalachia. He did use a hinge, which is a step in itself.

I was talking with a fella from Tennessee at my buddies shop the other day... My old man was born in Ohio, and I have lineage in that whole area... Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. This guys wife was from Scotland.

The guy and I were joking about moonshine, and all the 'traditional' hillbilly stuff. His wife spoke up and said, "Hillbilly? Excuse me, but that's rude." I felt all awkward... Then she cracks a smile and says, "The politically correct word is 'Appalachian American'!"

I thought I was gonna die laughing.

I absolutely love Appalachia and good mountain people.
Coincidentally, the landlord and I drank a fair lick of the finest smoothese shine I've ever had, just last night. bet we'll finish tonight, his birthday.

I absolutely love Appalachia and good mountain people.
Coincidentally, the landlord and I drank a fair lick of the finest smoothese shine I've ever had, just last night. bet we'll finish tonight, his birthday.

I had me some real good Kentucky shine, from a Harley Mechanic (who was from Iowa), in Libby MT... Drank like water, bit like a rattler!

WVL, Here is a link to training that is not to far from you. The best thing you can do for yourself is to seek instruction from a real pro. It wil make you safer and faster. Check it here...

Latest posts

Back