Project Stumpbroke 71cc Sweedish Stratos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could only be answered in the field after extended use.

:msp_confused: It's just as easy as timing cuts. Fill both tanks an cut cookies. Shoot, my ms 460 runs low on fuel pretty fast in big wood. No extended use in the field required.

That could only be answered in the field after extended use.

The J-Red will use less fuel...
I'm calling it now...
And as far as the black saw.... Well??? Nothin' wants a part of that saw in a race... It's just one of those "just plain bad ass 372's"...
:msp_sneaky:

I sure love them Swede's! Hard to beat those Tilly's too:msp_thumbup: Looking good my friend:cool2:

Me too, I need more of those 385 tilly's, used the last one on this husky.:bang:

Nice work on the new stratos. However, you've also demonstrated why I still recommend the non-strato saw. They're stronger, period. Nuff said.

Yep, the quad ports are hard to beat.

441's are strato's. And the M-Tronic one's run so good it's very easy to forget that.

I think out of the box the 441C is one of the best revving strato's, although I haven't ran a 550xp or a 562xp. In vids, those appear to rev nicely as well. I think that is the key to making a strato that ASsawgeeks will embrace, the zippy free-rev kind of personality. Strato's make the torque, but explosive revs are where its at for me.

The 562's are snappy right out of the box, I think you'd like one of them.

Do you have a stock 2171/372 to run aganst that strato versions in that same wood. Because I would like to see that.:rock:

I wish I did, that would really round out this thread. 372's don't stay stock for very long around here. If someone would pony one up & get it to me in the next couple of days I could get a cut made in the same log & finnish this thread off right.

well stump..i guess since my saw lost by two seconds its not really worth usin now..i guess ill just cut match sticks and kindle with it..suppose thats all its good for now :frown:

HAHA, It's still plenty of saw buddy. Deffinately no slouch.

Was the bar being used a 28 or a 24? I would be happy with either of the 3 saws. A few seconds may matter in racing or production work, but to someone who cuts part-time it makes very little difference. Good work as always Stumpy.

It's a 28" with full skip JGX, because I don't like spending half a day sharpening a full comp on it.

Any idea how thirsty the xt is compared to it's red cousin now?

Not sure on that one, I would guess that still being stratto that it will be a lil bit easier on the go go juice.

:msp_confused: It's just as easy as timing cuts. Fill both tanks an cut cookies. Shoot, my ms 460 runs low on fuel pretty fast in big wood. No extended use in the field required.

Yer right, I just don't have enough wood lying around to do that right now.

Very interesting test Stumpy. I enjoyed it. The results surprised me. I didn't think there would be that much difference.

All three are strong saws, each one has a different feel to it, but when runnin them separately without a stop watch it gets hard to tell which one is the fastest.

Got a chance to run yer saw in some hedge today...
Beautiful saw... Sorta made me want one...

LOL, all yer dolmars started pidlling on the ground when the Swedes fired up.:hmm3grin2orange::msp_tongue:

All three are strong saws, each one has a different feel to it, but when runnin them separately without a stop watch it gets hard to tell which one is the fastest.

LOL, all yer dolmars started pidlling on the ground when the Swedes fired up.:hmm3grin2orange::msp_tongue:

Come up my way and I could keep you cutting for as many tanks as you want!:hmm3grin2orange:

Nice work!

Nice work on the new stratos. However, you've also demonstrated why I still recommend the non-strato saw. They're stronger, period. Nuff said.

Brad just wondering, if strats will be the future of all intakes wouldn't everyone win to exhaust all R&D measures for that design? Not contesting which is stronger since the builders here have made it clear. A compromise in power for better fuel economy has been in effect since the late 60's and has brought about tremendous leaps in technology. To my understanding you have built some wicked "stratos" style saws. Will non strats eventually be all sitting on shelfs to just look at while reminiscing about the good ol' days.... in our lifetime anyway? Just curious is all. Thanks..... John Nichols

A. The 79er and 9010 fear not...
B. you have to start the little ones first...
Then they water proof yer boots, bench, truck, and any other saw that gets near em'...
It's how they mark their territory...
:hmm3grin2orange:

By the way, you better check the trunk... I switched out that pretty JRed with a craftsman when you weren't looking...
It was just too nice not to coat in Yellow sawdust...
:msp_sneaky:

Back