Project Stumpbroke MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stumpy,

Where does that passage terminate for the impulse line? Just a few mm into the body of the carb? Also, how did you go about swaping choke shafts? Simple unbolt one and bolt up the other?

Thanks, great job and a good read.

Yes it's just a few mm into the body. you have to drill in two places to get them to connect.

The hole on the upper right hand side needs to be drilled.
100_2785.jpg

Then drill the passage that the screwdriver is pointing too until they connect.
100_2786.jpg

The choke shaft does have to be cut (widened) to accept the larger butterfly of the bigger carb. other than that it's just a matter of swaping them out.

Thanks.
I'm a Husqvarna man but, he 361 has become my favorite all around Stihl. The 261 is a close second. There, I said it.:msp_sneaky:

I may be wrong but the 361 jug sure has a lot of similarities to a husky 372,have you got to do 461 yet ?

IMPRESSIVE! Nice editing on the video too.
I thought long and hard about porting a 361. I decided that a 440 is barely more weight and with a mm, quite a bit stronger. Anyone selling a 440? ;)
Did you swap oilers? My 361s were very stingy with oil.

I may be wrong but the 361 jug sure has a lot of similarities to a husky 372,have you got to do 461 yet ?

They do resemble the quadport huskys but Have much smaller transfer runners.
No, I've not had a chance to port a 461 yet:(

IMPRESSIVE! Nice editing on the video too.
I thought long and hard about porting a 361. I decided that a 440 is barely more weight and with a mm, quite a bit stronger. Anyone selling a 440? ;)
Did you swap oilers? My 361s were very stingy with oil.

No the oiler is stock. The owner will be running either an 18 or 20 inch bar and it does fine with those lengths.

Stumpy-- what did the compression run after porting?-- will it need an elasto start handle if run without the compression release?

Stumpy-- what did the compression run after porting?-- will it need an elasto start handle if run without the compression release?

It's over 200psi. Elastostart would be nice but it's not that hard on the hands. Just gotta make sure you mean it when pulling the handle.:msp_wink:

Wondering how fuel consumption compares? I've heard the ms460 is a thirsty one but how about the 361 after it's done up like that lil beast??????

Latest posts

Back