PROMARK chipper w/ dump trailer for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthwerks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
PROMARK 6" chipper w/ enclosed dump trailer for sale

FOR SALE in Southeast Michigan (Monroe area)

One of 20 built in 1989 by Promark for ChemLawn Lawn Service. Sold new in 1989 for $28,000 each.

6" cap., self-feed, mounted on a turntable to feed from sides or front. Turntable mounted on the front of 2-axle, self-dumping 8-10 yd chipper box. I replaced the clutch in favor of gravity w/spring tensioner so you don't have to replace expensive clutches. Have parts books for chipper and dump box mechanicals.

Electric brakes both axles, 2-5/16" hitch ball, all tires match and in very good condition. Ladder racks (posts) on top of dump box. As of last Spring: New battery, new aluminum fenders, new tail lights, new fuel tank/filter/lines, new tongue jack, new knives, new 24hp Honda (less than 20 hours total). New primer base coat last Fall (you paint top coat your favorite color). $4900 cash only(sorry, no checks of any kind nor money orders).

Weighs approx. 3,000 lb. Tows like a dream even when fully loaded with a 3/4 ton pickup. Call me any time: Jeff, owner of Earthwerks Unlimited Excavating & Siteworks (734) 782-2125 or direct e-mail : [email protected].

I'm located approx. 30 miles north of Ohio state line on US-24 (a.k.a. Telegraph Road--across the street from the Flat Rock Speedway) and junction of I-275 and I-75 just north of Monroe, MI.
EDITENTRY

EDITENTRY

EDITENTRY

EDITENTRY

Last edited:
PHOTOS--need some help uploading

PHOTOS: I took some on my camera phone and uploaded them to a T-mobile cell phone site so they can be seen from my "online album". I'm new to this so if someone can tell me how to make them available on this post--please tell me. Otherwise, please contact me via e-mail or phone and I can send them to you via a separate e-mail.

Thanks,
Jeff

earthwerks said:
FOR SALE in Southeast Michigan (Monroe area)

One of 20 built in 1989 by Promark for ChemLawn Lawn Service. Sold new in 1989 for $28,000 each.

new 24hp Honda (less than 20 hours total). ]/QUOTE]

I am glad you sold it but I am amazed at how a chipper powered by a 24HP Honda sold for $24,000 in 1989 (16 years ago)

Bill

Bill, it was the former employee of the original manufacturer (Promark) told me that info., who now works for the company that bought them out (He was one of the guys who actually built the unit from the ground up)---and it was $28,000 not $24,000---not that it matters!

The guy that bought it lives over 900 miles away!

And it's not "just a chipper" but a fully self-contained rig. If you think about it the cost of the rig alone to buy, maintain, insure and recoup the cost was probably half of what it would have cost to buy a truck and a separate chipper ---and insure and maintain them. And since this was owned by a major national lawn service chain with hundreds of employees, they could drop this unit off at a customer's home and leave two (not-as-experienced) guys there all day while the truck that dropped them off went and did something else more productive. From what I was told these type of units, not necessarily this one, are very popular on the northern west coast. And a lot of guys mentioned they either have built their own rigs or seen commercially made ones.

C'mon now Earthwerks, it's only 600 miles! 1200 miles round-trip, holy cow. Ok, it's me, I bought it. That does sound like a ridiculously long way to go for a chipper-dump, but it will serve me well, and I love the concept but have seen no others on the market. Plus, I haven't traveled the countryside in months for a big Ebay purchase, so I'm itching for a road trip. :)
I think not only is it a perfect setup for a small startup for many reasons, but also it will be dang cute when it's painted up to match my truck. The dump box looks like a little chariot or carriage buggy. Once I get my team of Beavers trained, I'll send them up the trees to do the work, and I'll stand around and chip brush.
I'll see you Saturday man.

Kaptain_K,

If you need a saw stop by along your way. You will probably be about 20 miles from me along your trip. I assume you will be taking I-80.

Bill

As long as it's some sort of funky custom thing with a wild paint job, that just might work. Got any V8 saws??? Seriously though, whatcha got?

I see you are going to be coming through on Saturday. I will be gone all day but I may be back when you come home. I have a large amount of saws but the ones that need to go are Stihl 066, 084(needs work). Husky 261,365, and 3120.

Bill

Kaptain_K said:
I love the concept but have seen no others on the market.

One tree service here let theirs go to pot. Used it for a little while then left it with their other junk in a vacant lot owned by the company. I was considering buying it, but by the time I went to look at it, it was covered with tall grass and everything was rusty and frozen. (with rust, not ice) FYI, if you did not already know, Bandit has been making a similar unit for a number of years with a 9 inch capacity chipper.

Cool, I'd like to check em out. Here's my concept. Paint the dump box up with my logo and BIG phone number:
The
Eager Beaver

"An Eco-friendly
Tree Service"

With my logo of...um...a big, hairy Beaver! :)

Either that, or...

F U K I D O L Tree Company!

Back