PS-7900 upgrade to Makita DCS-6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldcountrycalifornia

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

I’d like to upgrade my 6401 to a 7900, but it seems the website that used to be associated with these OEM swaps is no longer running.

Anyone out there still offer the OEM kit?

If not, anyone have the list of parts required to do it?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Would you happen to know if a Ps-7900 will pull a 32” ripping chain through fir and pine at a reasonable clip? Or perhaps the more straightforward question, what is an ideal length for this saw?
Ideal for "plenty" power and speed? 20" with a 3/8LP rim sprocket / solid bar without a nose sprocket and the Stihl 3/8LP .050 mill chain. Possible at 28" of wood - sure.

Ideal for "plenty" power and speed? 20" with a 3/8LP rim sprocket / solid bar without a nose sprocket and the Stihl 3/8LP .050 mill chain. Possible at 28" of wood - sure.
I ordered a 28” b/c last night to take advantage of some cyber Monday deals. Also ordered the 7900 top end from sawagain. Now I just need to build a milling setup. Thank you for your help.

Would you happen to know if a Ps-7900 will pull a 32” ripping chain through fir and pine at a reasonable clip? Or perhaps the more straightforward question, what is an ideal length for this saw?
I use a 7910 and have ripped through ash, cherry, pine, and walnut using a 36" bar with little problem. Just make sure you keep an edge on the chain.

My 6401 has a 28” Stihl light bar and RS chain. Does very well in soft wood.
Awesome, I bought the Oregon powercut bar and I’m trying an Archer ripping chain.
I use a 7910 and have ripped through ash, cherry, pine, and walnut using a 36" bar with little problem. Just make sure you keep an edge on the chain.
Will do. I picked up an Oregon bench sharpener on Monday.

Latest posts

Back