Stihl 041av clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gergis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,
My old 041 chain stopped spinning. I’d like to get her back in service…she runs awesome and is my spare for when my 290 touches rocks or throws a chain and I’m wanting to get finished.
A few questions:
Regarding the gap between weights and inner drum, does it look excessive? There’s obviously a limit….does this look like it?
Is there still OEM clutch parts available for this old girl?
Looks like a special tool is required?
I’m aware that it has a left-hand thread.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpeg
    IMG_0904.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0905.jpeg
    IMG_0905.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Hello,
My old 041 chain stopped spinning. I’d like to get her back in service…she runs awesome and is my spare for when my 290 touches rocks or throws a chain and I’m wanting to get finished.
A few questions:
Regarding the gap between weights and inner drum, does it look excessive? There’s obviously a limit….does this look like it?
Thanks in advance
Yes, tool required but they are easy to make if you have a welder.

Hello,
A few questions:
Thanks in advance
That looks like an isolating clutch. Cool stuff. I used a grinder tool thingie on my 031.

That gap looks pretty big to me- you probably had the old friction shoe clutch and the shoes have worn away or disintegrated. The all steel clutches are the way to go when replacing them.
Hoping the steel clutches are still in production/available? Thanks!

Pretty sure 031,032 and 041 interchange sprocket and clutch.
If anyone needs 1 , I and probably dozens of others here got some good used ones in our parts stashes somewhere .
The isolating ones? Those are rare in Europe. Were they so common in the US? I saw two isolating clutches with the covers go for 95€ on evilbay.

When activated, the clutch gets disconnected from the crankshaft. So the engine can spin freely with engaged brake.
Well isn’t that slick. I was just messing around with it and indeed it does release the clutch from the crank. Now….could a misbehaving part of the isolator be causing the clutch to freewheel?

Back