pullon micro xxv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to fixing my poulan micro xxv. I was able to run a bigger bolt through the crankcase so i don't need the crankcase anymore. I just got done cutting up a 16 inch tree that had fallen last week. It was cutting strong. I refilled the gas and oil tanks and it just will not restart. I pulled the plug after pulling a few times and its flooded. It almost acts like there is no spark after i refill the tanks. Any Advice?

motorboy said:
I finally got around to fixing my poulan micro xxv. I was able to run a bigger bolt through the crankcase so i don't need the crankcase anymore. I just got done cutting up a 16 inch tree that had fallen last week. It was cutting strong. I refilled the gas and oil tanks and it just will not restart. I pulled the plug after pulling a few times and its flooded. It almost acts like there is no spark after i refill the tanks. Any Advice?

I actually know that it has pretty low compression but its always restarted in the past so if anyone has a nice piston and cylinder lying around i'll thake them off your hands.

Well, being flooded after you shut down could indicate a carburetor that needs a rebuild, a bad coil (no or weak spark) or (somewhat unlikely) vapor lock.

Crank in the low speed screw on your saw and count how many turns it makes until it is lightly seated. If it is more than 1.25 turns, you are WAY rich. about 7/8 to 1-1/8 turns is ideal depending on elevation. Remember, too lean and you might burn it up when you let the throttle go after a long, hard cut!

Back